Exciting New Gear Day

Yes sir, good eye.

000000118282576-00-720x720.jpg

How do you like the WL-20 system?

How do you like the WL-20 system?
It works really well...as long as I power off my internet wireless modem. 😄

I don't gig or perform, I just noodle on guitar at home. I purchased it so I could walk around my apartment cord-free while jamming...and it works perfectly for that. But, unfortunately, my wireless modem is located in my spare bedroom within 4 feet of my amp, and its connected to the only coax cable outlet in my apartment that Spectrum could get to work, so I cant move it.☹️

If I try to use the WL-20 with my modem still on, I get signal interruptions and sound dropouts unless the Boss transmitter and receiver are in close proximity and in direct line of sight.

The FC-12 was/is a game changer for me. It is so versatile. There is a lot to learn with this beast. But enjoy playing with factory presets. They really are top notch.

I’m excited to hear your thoughts on the Gemini cab
I only have experience with going from 2 Headrush 112 to the Gemini 212. It was night and day for me.

I'm just a hobby player so ymmv, but worth every penny imo.

I wish I could give you some insightful thoughts on the Gemini, but unfortunately I dont have anything to compare it to. I was playing this 1980's Digitech GSP2101 through an 8" Randall speaker prior to the Fractal. Then the Digitech went "tits-up".

View attachment 115605

I CAN tell you the fit-n-finish on the Gemini appears to be very nice, its very heavy, it was rather expensive and it "pops" really loud when you power it on and off.
I agree on the fit and finish.

The "pop" is normal from what I have read about the Gemini according to ME. Nothing to be concerned about.

I only have experience with going from 2 Headrush 112 to the Gemini 212. It was night and day for me.

I'm just a hobby player so ymmv, but worth every penny imo.
I’m currently using 2 Headrush 112. I don’t hate them. I also haven’t fired up my tube amp in about 4.5 years so I probably don’t know what I’m missing.

I’m currently using 2 Headrush 112. I don’t hate them. I also haven’t fired up my tube amp in about 4.5 years so I probably don’t know what I’m missing.
My ear isn't good enough to specifically describe why the Gemini Sounds so much better, but it was immediately apparent. One of those it makes you smile moments, like when you first get your Fractal. Even more so since I got an amp stand for it, just sounds fantastic to me.

The excitement just continues to grow. This arrived today and I cant wait to hook it up

View attachment 115596

Alas, I will have to wait as Im on shift in the ER the next two days.☹️

But I finally got the unit up and running. Loving the sounds...overwhelmed by the sheer number of presets!

View attachment 115597
Is that the 1x12??? I'm considering returning my Mark V for the 2x12 Gemini 2. Tried Mark V35 with 1x12 V30 Rec cab and my Axe FX III. I like it but almost think the gemini 2x12 with Axe would be better.

Back
Top Bottom