Exciting New Gear Day

Good idea. Unfortunately, I own neither...yet.☹️ Hopefully the Mission Engineering Gemini 2 will be here soon.
Check out an On-Stage amp stand for the Gemini. It made a sound difference for me because it raises it up closer to ear level.
1. come out of XLR outputs (L & R) of Output 1 with Y adapter that you can plug a long TSR cable into.
2. TSR into Input 1 on Gemini. flip switch to stereo.
3. Turn Gemini to just barely off totally flat (lets you get all the Cab effect from Axe)
4. Turn volume to half way up on Gemini (check local listings...)
5. Get EV-1 pedal and connect via TSR to pedal 1 on Axe (until you get a FC-12 to connect to...and you will)
6. Go to global settings and set this to be a "master volume" for Output 1; this way you can ease into a preset as opposed to having to adjust Output 1 level knob on front (just leave wide open) or reach behind Gemini. Preset volumes can vary and you DO NOT want to blow the baby out of the crib.
7. I personally have went through every preset I have and adjusted the Output Block level (using AxeEdit) so that every preset is around 85dB with EV-1 wide open (again, check with baby and mom) I use Output 2 for my studio monitors and just added Output 2 block to all presets and adjusted those accordingly. This is perfectly loud enough for my 20'X20' office/studio so results my vary. I think Austin Buddy recommends playing presets around 85dB for total effect of amp, etc.
This is just how I do it, a lot more experienced people on Forum may have a better idea. I know it sounds overwhelming but you'll discover new things every day with Fractal and have a lot of "ah Ha" moments. Enjoy!

Check out an On-Stage amp stand for the Gemini. It made a sound difference for me because it raises it up closer to ear level.
1. come out of XLR outputs (L & R) of Output 1 with Y adapter that you can plug a long TSR cable into.
2. TSR into Input 1 on Gemini. flip switch to stereo.
3. Turn Gemini to just barely off totally flat (lets you get all the Cab effect from Axe)
4. Turn volume to half way up on Gemini (check local listings...)
5. Get EV-1 pedal and connect via TSR to pedal 1 on Axe (until you get a FC-12 to connect to...and you will)
6. Go to global settings and set this to be a "master volume" for Output 1; this way you can ease into a preset as opposed to having to adjust Output 1 level knob on front (just leave wide open) or reach behind Gemini. Preset volumes can vary and you DO NOT want to blow the baby out of the crib.
7. I personally have went through every preset I have and adjusted the Output Block level (using AxeEdit) so that every preset is around 85dB with EV-1 wide open (again, check with baby and mom) I use Output 2 for my studio monitors and just added Output 2 block to all presets and adjusted those accordingly. This is perfectly loud enough for my 20'X20' office/studio so results my vary. I think Austin Buddy recommends playing presets around 85dB for total effect of amp, etc.
This is just how I do it, a lot more experienced people on Forum may have a better idea. I know it sounds overwhelming but you'll discover new things every day with Fractal and have a lot of "ah Ha" moments. Enjoy!
Sorry...what is "TSR"? Are you referring to a 1/4" tip-ring-sleeve (TRS) cable?

Also for #3, what do you mean by turn Gemini "just barely off"? The amp has not arrived yet, so I assume this is a different knob than volume? Is it on the amp, or a setting in the AFX menu?

Pictures help me...Im a noob.

Also for #3, what do you mean by turn Gemini "just barely off"? The amp has not arrived yet, so I assume this is a different knob than volume? Is it on the amp, or a setting in the AFX menu?

I'm almost certain he meant TRS.

And by "Gemini" I believe he's referring to the "Empower" control on the Gemini.

That control removes the tweeter from the sound as far as I remember.

I'm sorry...should've proof read...I did mean TRS. The Empower control all the way to the right is total "Cab" from the Axe, which to me is the reason you get an FRFR. Unix-Guy is probably right about the tweeter thing.
Sorry for the confusion, once you get all the stuff it'll all fall into place. I DID tell you you could always get answers on the Forum, I just forgot to tell you that not all of them are clear and lucid...I refer to myself;)

The FC-12 was/is a game changer for me. It is so versatile. There is a lot to learn with this beast. But enjoy playing with factory presets. They really are top notch.

I’m excited to hear your thoughts on the Gemini cab

<snip>

I’m excited to hear your thoughts on the Gemini cab

I wish I could give you some insightful thoughts on the Gemini, but unfortunately I dont have anything to compare it to. I was playing this 1980's Digitech GSP2101 through an 8" Randall speaker prior to the Fractal. Then the Digitech went "tits-up".

20221210_111432.jpg

Im not a pro musician, or even a very acomplished guitarist...I just noodle around for a hobby. I purchased the Gemini 2 on a recommendation from another member here. Truth be told, FRFR is probably wasted on my ears after years of singing in Metal bands, riding Harley's with straight pipes and shooting guns...all with no ear pro (until recently).

I CAN tell you the fit-n-finish on the Gemini appears to be very nice, its very heavy, it was rather expensive and it "pops" really loud when you power it on and off.

Last edited:
@Kidfixer What is sitting to the right of the Randall Cab? A wireless? Please describe.

Yes sir, good eye.

000000118282576-00-720x720.jpg

Back
Top Bottom