Excellent Covers for Speakers

MKeditor

Experienced
Some companies have stock covers for their speakers. Unfortunately they are usually only vinyl. The stock FBT cover is just a non-padded vinyl slip over and doesn't protect the bottom which has no feet. I don't want to scratch up my new speakers. If you are like me, you might want something a bit more substantial. Luckily, there are several companies who make great padded covers for your gear. I like Studio Slips heavy duty nylon, padded covers. I have ordered from them several times over the past few years and have found their product to be excellent and their customer service is top notch. Here are the covers I just had made for my 12ma's:

studio_slip1.jpg

studio_slip2.jpg

studio_slip3.jpg

I chose their "clamshell" design so that the entire cabinet is enclosed. I just pull over the cover, pick up the speaker so that the flap can go underneath, then zip it up. Presto! The cabinet is protected. I had them make pouches to store power cords and XLR cables that go to the rack.

An example of their great service was when I first received the order, they had made the usual slip over without the flap and zipper. I am not sure where the communication fell between the cracks, but they told me to use the slips for now and they would make me new ones with the flap and just ship the others back when the new ones arrive. All companies make mistakes. It is how they are dealt with that distinguish the good from the bad and the ugly. They overnighted the set and as you can see, they are super.

http://www.studioslips.com/

FYI: I have never received anything for free from Studio Slips. I just like to share about great companies like these.

Enjoy!

Nice Mike!

Btw, is your pocket on the front or back? Double or single padding, and did you choose the leather bottom pads? I'm going to get one myself ;)

tonygtr said:
Nice Mike!

Btw, is your pocket on the front or back? Double or single padding, and did you choose the leather bottom pads? I'm going to get one myself ;)

Single padding, no leather, pouch on the....hmmm.....what shall I call it? It is on one of the back angles.

studio_slip2.jpg

Susan will know. Just tell her you want what they made for Michael. They won't know me as Mike. ;)

If anyone else is interested in a flight case that holds a pair of 12ma monitors, these guys are thinking of doing them.

http://www.audiopile.net/
1-509-287-2020

Whan I asked them about a (12ma pair) case, they said one other person has asked, but they would need a few more requests before they decided to make one. I have their case for my QSC HPRs and it was a good bang for the buck.

Back
Top Bottom