Wish Exceeded CPU not to cut all of the preset off

Well, goddamn... That's so awesome!

Glad you posted that trick because my Satriani "Covers" (probably mostly CrysPlan) preset is almost done but it's held up by one thing I want to add (a FreqOut) but I've already had to toss stuff aside that I wanted to use. I've even considered dumping the reverb, which I still might have to do. I was never really a "reverb" guy but after playing through Fractal stuff, I can't bring myself to do without it.

Cool! I reduced the Reverb 'Echo Density' to 4 and turned off the preamp in the Cab block.

This was actually the perfect thing for me to get everything in my Satriani preset to fit!! Thank you so much!! I had no idea how much the preamp in the cab block used. That alone took care of the problems I had with it. Now the only other way to finish it off is to have 10 scenes instead of 8, but I can work around that. This might be the most stuff in one FM3 preset that has ever been attempted, hahaha.

It still needs some work to iron it out, but it looks like this:

JS Preset from HELL!!.png

It would be super helpful to have the unit lower quality automatically on certain blocks / echo density / cab IRs if the CPU is being exceeded. For some presets I have, I'm pushing the CPU limit and they are fine on certain scenes, but when switching to another, the sound will cut off altogether. If there was a way to avoid the sound cutting off completely, that'd be amazing.
Is it electing certain blocks to be omitted when the CPU gets maxed? is it lowering of quality for reverbs or Cab IR? Not sure. But a way to avoid complete cutoff would be super helpful.

Back
Top Bottom