Examples of metal songs with midi drums

I'd imagine way more than can be listed, and many you've already listened to and had no idea. And even if they were't programmed on the front end, most are sample replaced and quantized after the fact.

Anyone know of any songs that were produced with midi drums in the metal genre that sound convincing?
The only midi drums that I’ve ever heard that sounded convincing were ones that were played by an actual drummer (Toontrack plugins for example). Drum samples have come a looong way, and in my opinion, are virtually indistinguishable in a mix.

That said, it’s very difficult to program drums from a keyboard that sound like they were played by an actual drummer.

I'm pretty sure that 99% of modern metal drums, even if recorded with a live drummer, are triggered samples that are edited/mixed to sound the way they do.

To answer what seems to be your underlying question, you can absolutely get extremely convincing sounding drums utilizing modern midi drum programs. Most of them already sound very solid out of the box, however, you will need to put in a good amount of effort into everything, velocity, articulations, ect. to really capture as much of that 'human' feel as you can.

Back
Top Bottom