EV's v QSC's...a quick review

OzGuitar

Hey Guys,
I work in music retail and today I finally got round to bringing in my Ultra to try with QSC K12's & K10's, and the EV ELX112P's.
In short I much preferred the EV's over both the K12's and K10's. The EV's just sound & feel nicer to my ears, and I'll admit that I'm not completely sure why that is. All of these speakers when running in stereo really do show off the stunning quality of the Ultra's effects...the delays & verbs really are spectacular. It's probably more how the amp & cab emu's translate that has me leaning towards the EV's. (When just comparing QSC's I preferred the K12's over the K10's)
Up untill now I've only used the Ultra in my studio so none of my settings have been specifically dialed in for these FR cabs. Even so, some of the presets sounded great straight away, others just required a quick eq tweak, while some were just plain wrong....too bright, or too much bottom end.
There's also plenty of volume on tap, although I was using a pair I'm sure a single would still cover a lot of gigs. (Plus, a bonus really, the EV's are cheaper that the K12's!!)
Bottom line, I'll be buying the ELX112P's, and I can't wait!

Dave

NOOOOOOOICE (NICE)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! since I went with 2 live x and listened to no others, nice to have some confirmation. I will say with the axe 2 dont forget to turn off the full range switch otherwise was insanely boomy bassy wet blanket, turned off this switch and lowered one of the global master eq bass frequencies, and we are in business!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom