EVPXM - Suggestions for getting it off the floor

Any good heavy duty speaker stand will do. As for the spiders, put a couple of small lizards in your room and the spiders will start disappearing. Assuming the environment is not cold. Lizards are not a big nuisance like all the other varmints that eat spiders like scorpions, centipedes, birds, etc. Of course, insecticides will work also.

So I ordered:

Gator Frameworks GFWSPK0250 Mini Speaker Stand​

The pole goes into the opening on the speaker but it doesn't fit securely, so the speaker moves due to the connection between stand and speaker not being snug. The stand of course came with no directions. It has plastic piece you can fit onto the pole but with the piece the stand pole won't fit in the speaker opening, and again, without it the speaker moves. The box for the stand says fits 35 to 38mm openings, but I can't find any specs for the speaker saying the size of the opening. I am guessing the purchase was a mistake?

So I ordered:

Gator Frameworks GFWSPK0250 Mini Speaker Stand​

The pole goes into the opening on the speaker but it doesn't fit securely, so the speaker moves due to the connection between stand and speaker not being snug. The stand of course came with no directions. It has plastic piece you can fit onto the pole but with the piece the stand pole won't fit in the speaker opening, and again, without it the speaker moves. The box for the stand says fits 35 to 38mm openings, but I can't find any specs for the speaker saying the size of the opening. I am guessing the purchase was a mistake?
The cheaper stand I got fits the same. Fine here in my basement, but no match for a staggering drunk. The stand itself isn't either, full weight of a sizeable guy would probably crumple parts of it.

Reality is that the PXM doesn't have a fitting to tighten it onto a stand. Like you said, there's a hole for one, but that's it. My Alessis monitors, which were vastly inferior in literally every other respect, had a bolt with a large thumbwheel.

Personally, at this time in my life, I don't need a fully pro or even giggable rig, maybe later. I'd be fine taking my setup to a jam, so I'm good. That's about it though. Not sure what the full pro rig w PXMs would be. Put them on top of their road case maybe.

Last edited:
The cheaper stand I got fits the same. Fine here in my basement, but no match for a staggering drunk. The stand itself isn't either, full weight of a sizeable guy would probably crumple parts of it.

Reality is that the PCM doesn't have a fitting to tighten it onto a stand. Like you said, there's a hole for one, but that's it. My Alessis monitors, which were vastly inferior in literally every other respect, had a bolt with a large thumbwheel.

Personally, at this time in my life, I don't need a fully pro or even giggable rig, maybe later. I'd be fine taking my setup to a jam, so I'm good. That's about it though. Not sure what the full pro rig w PXMs would be. Put them on top of their road case maybe.
It just concerns me that it wobbles. I am worried that with louder volume the speaker might actually move on the stand creating no only instability, but also possibly impacting the sound. Not sure on the latter, but it seems possible,
Darn spiders! If it wasn't for them I was perfectly fine with the monitor on the floor.

My basement floor, where I have my "studio" seems to have a plethora of spiders these days. I want to get the speaker off the floor but am nervous about a stand that raises it high off the floor. The ones that look like mic stands.
Does anyone have a suggestion for something that will accomplish this? It is more about protecting the speaker from critters than for sound adjustment.
Thanks!

Hey @SpudMan I use these and am amazed at how well they work and what you will see that gets trapped on the very sticky surface!

Just like you, I have seen a lot of spiders and other insects in the basement.
I place them in the corners and out of the way places so we don't step on them.
If you can see spiders, believe me, there are more that you are NOT seeing!
I just lay them flat on the ground and dispose of them after a few months. 🕷️ 🕷️ 🕷️

Glue boards.jpg

Hey @SpudMan I use these and am amazed at how well they work and what you will see that gets trapped on the very sticky surface!

Just like you, I have seen a lot of spiders and other insects in the basement.
I place them in the corners and out of the way places so we don't step on them.
If you can see spiders, believe me, there are more that you are NOT seeing!
I just lay them flat on the ground and dispose of them after a few months. 🕷️ 🕷️ 🕷️

View attachment 141954
Thanks, I have heard of Tomcat, but didn't think of using them for spiders. I will give it a try.

It just concerns me that it wobbles. I am worried that with louder volume the speaker might actually move on the stand creating no only instability, but also possibly impacting the sound. Not sure on the latter, but it seems possible,
Darn spiders! If it wasn't for them I was perfectly fine with the monitor on the floor.
I think you are worrying about something that is not going be an issue. I use my stands for small shows as stage wash and run them at pretty good volumes with no issues at all.

If it bothers you that much you could try wrapping the end of the pole with some electrical tape to take up some slop.

I think you are worrying about something that is not going be an issue. I use my stands for small shows as stage wash and run them at pretty good volumes with no issues at all.

If it bothers you that much you could try wrapping the end of the pole with some electrical tape to take up some slop.
Thanks but I already returned it. Upon further research, and I cannot confirm or deny this, I was told that the EVPXM's are not really compatible with poles and are really meant for floor. Again, not sure if that is true, but unless I am sure something fits snug, I really don't want it.

I was told that the EVPXM's are not really compatible with poles and are really meant for floor.
Really this is news to me, I mean it is a floor wedge first and foremost but it does have a pole cup and I have been using them like this for a few years as either a stage wash or FOH on a sub.

If they weren't meant to be placed on a pole then why did EV put pole cups and EQ setting for a pole mount?

Really this is news to me, I mean it is a floor wedge first and foremost but it does have a pole cup and I have been using them like this for a few years as either a stage wash or FOH on a sub.

If they weren't meant to be placed on a pole then why did EV put pole cups and EQ setting for a pole mount?
I know, it doesn't make sense, but the stand I ordered had a pole size compatible and it didn't fit. I looked the image you posted above and it looks like your stands are something connected to speakers, is that correct? If I could find a stand that fit securely I would definitely buy it, unless it was only available at Amazon.

I know, it doesn't make sense, but the stand I ordered had a pole size compatible and it didn't fit. I looked the image you posted above and it looks like your stands are something connected to speakers, is that correct? If I could find a stand that fit securely I would definitely buy it, unless it was only available at Amazon.
I have 3 different sets of poles, the really short ones are for my room and are just an extension pole that I cut down from some old bent up full sized speaker stands. I also have some extension poles that I use for the PA tops I have also EV's to get the correct height when I do a show. The 3rd set is the Yorkville's that I took a pic of earlier in the thred.

All 3 poles have some slop in them when the PXM's are mounted. Even the tops have some slop only difference is they do have a thumb screw to snug things up. I don't know of any speakers that can be pole mounted that doesn't have some sort of slop to them, it's just how they are made.

I have 3 different sets of poles, the really short ones are for my room and are just an extension pole that I cut down from some old bent up full sized speaker stands. I also have some extension poles that I use for the PA tops I have also EV's to get the correct height when I do a show. The 3rd set is the Yorkville's that I took a pic of earlier in the thred.

All 3 poles have some slop in them when the PXM's are mounted. Even the tops have some slop only difference is they do have a thumb screw to snug things up. I don't know of any speakers that can be pole mounted that doesn't have some sort of slop to them, it's just how they are made.
Are you saying the Yorkville's have the thumb screw? That would at least be a better solution.

Back
Top Bottom