EVH Flanger setting

Bman

Power User
For "Unchained", I was wondering how Eddie is able to make it always go 'up' on the first click on and then back down for the 2nd click. The flanger never starts a down swell on the first 'click' on. It's like it resets after the down swell. Or maybe it's visa-versa (down then up?)

I'm having a hard time 'using my words' to describe this and the sentence above looks like it's written by a child...lol. But I feel like I'm missing something obvious.

For "Unchained", I was wondering how Eddie is able to make it always go 'up' on the first click on and then back down for the 2nd click. The flanger never starts a down swell on the first 'click' on. It's like it resets after the down swell. Or maybe it's visa-versa (down then up?)

I'm having a hard time 'using my words' to describe this and the sentence above looks like it's written by a child...lol. But I feel like I'm missing something obvious.

from the great wizard of Ozz Todd Bishop :cry: (check out the preset in the link , and the clip . this is doing what you want I think

"Unchained" Flanger

See second paragraph here. At most he set the rate sort of close enough to alternate a few times if you start playing at the right time, and maybe checked where it was or restarted the intro until the first few lined up. Or he didn't really care and it was entirely by chance that those first few didn't hit the peak or trough of the sweep.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/unchained-flanger.166666/post-2001894

Back
Top Bottom