EVH channel switching?

Having trouble getting the fx 8 to switch the third channel on my EVH 5150iii. Got the custom cable made and it works fine but if I program a scene to switch to the third channel when I switch into that scene,nothing. The relay works,when I'm programming it it will switch to that channel. It just wont switch to it from another scene from a clean or rhythm channel.Tried it with sticky preset also. Same thing. I went back to the mini amp gizmo and midi cable.No problems but I'd like to use this cable and eliminate the gizmo.

Dude, I just got the FX8 and I'm using an EVH 5150 iii STEALTH 100w. Please explain where you got this custom cable to switch channels on the amp. The EVH has a 7 pin input for channel switching. Do you use the relay 1/4 inch cable output on the FX8 into the 7 pin? I really need a thorough explanation on how to switch channels, otherwise I'm going to have to return this unit, which I REALLY don't want to do! What's the mini amp gizmo? Do I need that also? Thanks.

You can get the cable from bestronics. They have to make it custom but dont buy it til Fractal fixes the firmware. The cable wont work correctly.The best way to switch the channels is to get the mini amp gizmo from rjm technologies. They also make a cable specially made for the evh and get a midi cable to go from the amp gizmo to the fx8.The amp gizmo is real easy to program. You go into the fx8 and enable it for midi control messages. Its in the manual how to do this(simple)When you make a scene on the fx 8 you press the channel you want on the mini amp gizmo and then hold the "write"button and the fx8 will remember to switch to that channel.

You can get the cable from bestronics. They have to make it custom but dont buy it til Fractal fixes the firmware. The cable wont work correctly.The best way to switch the channels is to get the mini amp gizmo from rjm technologies. They also make a cable specially made for the evh and get a midi cable to go from the amp gizmo to the fx8.The amp gizmo is real easy to program. You go into the fx8 and enable it for midi control messages. Its in the manual how to do this(simple)When you make a scene on the fx 8 you press the channel you want on the mini amp gizmo and then hold the "write"button and the fx8 will remember to switch to that channel.

Plus one on this. Bestronics makes custom cable but until firmware update, it will not work.

Back
Top Bottom