EVH announces 3 new Eruption 78' replica guitars

I also went to see Van Halen live on the 2008 reunion tour and was disappointed. Ed was good as usual, but he just didn't have the same passion he used to have in the early days (I saw them on every tour from 1980 until Roth left). Wolfie was great for a 17 year old kid. Roth kind of stunk up the arena.

It's kinda hard to maintain that same piss and vinegar you had as a young man when you are trying to make it big, when you actually have made it. Becoming a dedicated professional is basically the viable option after that.

It could be worse though. Metallica hasn't made a decent record after the Black Album. Because how can you still write music and lyrics about depression, anger and despair, the darker themes in life, when you're millionaires in the biggest selling band in metal?

Nobody is selling records anymore, so they have to make money wherever they can.

Aye. Which is why concert ticket prices have gone through the roof, expensive inner circles, meet and greets and a tour t-shirt now costs as much as a concert ticket used to. And don't get me started on the way tickets are being sold. I've not been to a U2 show since 2005, because its next to impossible to get a GA ticket. The damn things are sold out within 8 minutes of being on offer yet immediately reappear for three of four times as much on reseller sites? I refuse to play that game.

Back
Top Bottom