EVH 5153 amp sims on the II vs the real life EVH 5153

casketshrine

Inspired
Hey guys.

How do the EVH 5153 amp sims compare to the real life counter part?! Is it just as punchy?! I am planning on getting a 5153 50 watter in September and the II later in Feb next year. So hopefully if all of that goes as planned, I will get to know myself but I was just really curious to know from people who've tried both. I have tried the 100 watt version of 5153 and it absolutely floored me. It was too goddamn awesome and if the sims on II sound anything like that through a poweramp, I'll be one happy bastard!

Thanks in advance to anyone who'd provide their input on the subject :)

Its nice and can be dialled in to get close to the original, but IMHO, no its not as punchy 'out of the box'. Others may have got there but I haven't yet....Not even by going as far as using the preamp only of the axefx 5153 sim into the fx return of a real 5153 and matching cab. Ive also tried with a matrix GT1000fx and 5153 cab.
Amp matching gets it closer still, but there is still a difference in the overall punch and presence.

I have the Mini 5153 head in 4CM with Axe II and yes I got the same sound as the head , easily cause same power amp . With my own IR of my 4*12 cab , the sound is very close and very good in my RCF12sma .
No amp matching just tweak and got it ...
I prefere for now 6L6 vs VHT el34 , i find it s more easy to find the right sound .

Back
Top Bottom