EVH 5150 Sim test -Right Now

Seems that I use the 4x12Cali for almost everything right now. Let's me concentrate on other amp settings.
Sounds pretty good!

The 4x12 Cali is one my favorite "stock" cabs in the Axe too. Nice job on the tune Charvel!
Have you tried the SLO 100 sim? I've found some great tones for that era of VH. If you have the Redwire or Ownhammer IR's, Redwire Basketweave G12M or the Ownhammer H75 or M75 or both mixed sound very close too.

The 4x12 Cali is one my favorite "stock" cabs in the Axe too. Nice job on the tune Charvel!
Have you tried the SLO 100 sim? I've found some great tones for that era of VH. If you have the Redwire or Ownhammer IR's, Redwire Basketweave G12M or the Ownhammer H75 or M75 or both mixed sound very close too.

Thanks for feedback Axisman and for the great tips. I've just did a quick test run of The Solo100 with Ownhammers "OwnHammer_412_SLM_M75_SM57_1.syx" sounds nice :)

I might even try making a clip of it some day :p

Glad to be of any help!
Here's 2 presets I use to capture Ed's tone. Both presets use either Redwire or Ownhammer mixed IR's.
For the Ownhammer I use the
Mix-n-Match 8 = SM57 4 + TC30 3 for the M75 and H75 and have those in user slot 2&3 or use mics that work best for you of those two cabs.
If you have one of the Redwire Greenback cabs like the Basketweave, use a SM57 capedge 2" or less.

The Pitch block is another key to Ed's tone from that era as you'll see it thickens the tone when it's engaged.

Yeah, the new VH album and the concert clips on YouTube, really got me back into Ed's playing. It's great to see him back on top of his game!

Attachments

• EDDIE`S SLO 100 Rig.syx
    2 KB · Views: 40
  • EVH - Balance(SLO).syx
    2 KB · Views: 31
Thanks for the patches Axisman, I'm trying them as I write :)

Works fine and they just inspired me for some more Van Halen Jam

Back
Top Bottom