EVH 5150 III S

indeloon85

Inspired
Im looking to simulate the 5150 III Stealth version. I believe this amp has a higher bias, among other changes. Curious if anyone has used the given 5150 III models in the axe to replicate the Stealth version.

can you describe what the difference sounds like between the Stealth and the normal versions?

can you describe what the difference sounds like between the Stealth and the normal versions?

I've never played one before, but from what I gather: the 2nd channel has a little more gain, as does the 3rd. I believe it has a little more hot ridding happening, because of a higher bias.

I guess I could just start there with the bias, but I just figured someone may have already attempted their own version, or maybe some pointers.

I think i read somewhere that the difference is that channel 2 is more like the blue channel of the 50W 5153, that channel 3 has even more gain and that you can set the resonance at the back of the amp.
So essentially we already have this amp in the axe. The 50W blue channel ist already modeled. If you need more gain on the red channel, turn up the input drive. And what they call resonance can already be set using depth. There might be slight tonal changes and not all pots might react the same as on the real amp but you should get really close.

I think i read somewhere that the difference is that channel 2 is more like the blue channel of the 50W 5153, that channel 3 has even more gain and that you can set the resonance at the back of the amp.
So essentially we already have this amp in the axe. The 50W blue channel ist already modeled. If you need more gain on the red channel, turn up the input drive. And what they call resonance can already be set using depth. There might be slight tonal changes and not all pots might react the same as on the real amp but you should get really close.

I think you can achieve that tone simply adding gain and working with the advanced section of the amp as Lilarcor says. :)

Back
Top Bottom