Everything CLIPS (carvin DC800 to AXE to saffire pro 24)

Which red light? It is ok for the input red lights to appear when you slam the strings really hard (= INSTR IN is set up correctly). However, it is never ok for the output clipping lights to appear. There are situations where you have to lower the level in the AMP-block by a lot (-20 dB is nothing out of the ordinary in some cases).

It was the input lights. they are generally in the yellow but when i slam the lower strings it will go flicker red briefly. So this is set up right?

its starting to sound a lot better

manual says intput should tickle red when you play hard so thats normal

its the output red thats the no no

I have my mixcontrol software open right now (its not plugged up to the axe at the moment) i noticed the sample rate is set at 44.1kHz, should i change this to 48kHz to match the axe before i hook them up?

FYI, sample rate and bit depth settings only matter when using the digital audio output of the Axe (USB, SPDIF, etc.). If using the analog outs on the Axe, you can use whatever sample rate or bit depth you want for your interface and DAW.

Almost all patched clip for me to. Go to Io menu and make sure your hottest guitar doesn't clip the input. Then in each patch turn down the ample to about minus 30. Just bring it up to suite your recording rig. Then hit store enter enter.

Back
Top Bottom