Every new Axe rig deserves a new Suhr

steve_k

Inspired
Funded by amp sales caused by the A2 rig. Inbound.....

16215_700.jpg

My next guitar will be a Suhr. Either the Guthrie(or whatever that will be) or the Andy Wood model.

I played that guitar at Matt's Music last week. It was probably my favorite of all the Moderns he had in terms of sound and playability. But I decided I would miss a tone knob too much :).

Easy mod to add the tone pot. If done right no one would every know it's not stock.

I played that guitar at Matt's Music last week. It was probably my favorite of all the Moderns he had in terms of sound and playability. But I decided I would miss a tone knob too much :).

Easy mod to add the tone pot. If done right no one would every know it's not stock.

Yeah...but I was really more just trying out a bunch of guitars to see what I would prefer if I were to order my own. I figure if I'm spending that much on a custom shop guitar it might as well be exactly what I want coming out of the factory rather than buying something off the shelf and modding it.

Yeah...but I was really more just trying out a bunch of guitars to see what I would prefer if I were to order my own. I figure if I'm spending that much on a custom shop guitar it might as well be exactly what I want coming out of the factory rather than buying something off the shelf and modding it.

There isn't a guitar I've ever bought that I haven't modded in some way shape or form. Every guitar needs something changed to make it "mine".

There isn't a guitar I've ever bought that I haven't modded in some way shape or form. Every guitar needs something changed to make it "mine".

Yeah, like my dogs pissing on a bush to mark their territory, I do the same thing with guitars, "to make them mine". First thing is Shaller straplocks. As far as the tone knob goes, I don't use one in general, unless it is to roll off a bit. I am sure with the pots and cap combinations, John has designed the electronics package to work without it. If not, it's an easy change. I wouldn't add a tone knob to it though. It should be here in a couple days and see first hand.

Back
Top Bottom