Every Hour Kills EP Stream!!1

Thank you guys for the support, you're awesome and I really appreciate it!

If anyone has any questions on production or anything feel free I love to nerd out about that shit.

Thank you guys for the support, you're awesome and I really appreciate it!

If anyone has any questions on production or anything feel free I love to nerd out about that shit.

Well dude, let's get it on! What kind of bass setup there is? It's unbelievable airy and yet ballsy? Im curious about everything actually, so im bouncing back and forth what i'd like to ask. But the bass hit me in the lovespot!

Well dude, let's get it on! What kind of bass setup there is? It's unbelievable airy and yet ballsy? Im curious about everything actually, so im bouncing back and forth what i'd like to ask. But the bass hit me in the lovespot!

Sure! That's one of the more complicated things, perhaps needlessly so haha, but I like how it turned out so fuckit!

So there are mainly 3 tracks that all go to an overall bus. Each track is filtered so it sits in a certain frequency area, there's a sub track, a midrange meat track, and then a distorted grit track. The sub track is actually made from the MIDI when I originally programmed the bass for the demo, I used the JST sub destroyer synth for the tone of that one. The main meat track is using a bass amp sim, in this case it was UAD Nigel. The grit track is using some pedals, a Dark Glass bass distortion into a Sansamp Bass DI.

Then these all get bussed together and processed to hell and back. Nothing too crazy just lots of EQ, compression, and some saturation, stuff like that. On this I believe I used the Equilibrium EQ, the UBK compressor from Kush, and some Slate Digital stuff like VCC. There's also a tiny bit of filtered stereo chorus from UAD to give it a bit more width. Other 'tricks' that add to the fun include an additional sub synth in parts like chorus and breakdowns, and additional distorted and / or slap tracks in certain heavy parts like breakdowns to really make them extra crush.

Sure! That's one of the more complicated things, perhaps needlessly so haha, but I like how it turned out so fuckit!

So there are mainly 3 tracks that all go to an overall bus. Each track is filtered so it sits in a certain frequency area, there's a sub track, a midrange meat track, and then a distorted grit track. The sub track is actually made from the MIDI when I originally programmed the bass for the demo, I used the JST sub destroyer synth for the tone of that one. The main meat track is using a bass amp sim, in this case it was UAD Nigel. The grit track is using some pedals, a Dark Glass bass distortion into a Sansamp Bass DI.

Then these all get bussed together and processed to hell and back. Nothing too crazy just lots of EQ, compression, and some saturation, stuff like that. On this I believe I used the Equilibrium EQ, the UBK compressor from Kush, and some Slate Digital stuff like VCC. There's also a tiny bit of filtered stereo chorus from UAD to give it a bit more width. Other 'tricks' that add to the fun include an additional sub synth in parts like chorus and breakdowns, and additional distorted and / or slap tracks in certain heavy parts like breakdowns to really make them extra crush.

I have a similar approach but you nail that approach totally! I'm gonna get my Ibanez SRF805 soon and a looooooooot of tweaking to do then! :D Are there much stuff going on with the gtr:s post-processing wise? OH impulses tend to carry me really close to the goal basically. Limiters? Saturation?

Vocals are really lovely too. :) Thanks for chatting these out! :)

I have a similar approach but you nail that approach totally! I'm gonna get my Ibanez SRF805 soon and a looooooooot of tweaking to do then! :D Are there much stuff going on with the gtr:s post-processing wise? OH impulses tend to carry me really close to the goal basically. Limiters? Saturation?

Vocals are really lovely too. :) Thanks for chatting these out! :)

Not too much on guitars honestly, a bit of EQ and maybe some slate VCC as well. I think I did set up a touch of multi-band ducking from the snare though. Yeah finding the right IR is definitely half the battle! Like everything else there is lots of automation though and different layers of tones for different sections etc.

Vocals are mostly in the performance and tracking really, getting tight doubles / triples and editing to make sure it sounds like one huge voice. Then lots of compression to get that in your face feel, and tons of automation of various FX sends to bring it to life!

Any specific questions feel free though and I will try and answer!

Back
Top Bottom