Every Axe-Fx II Preset - The Conclusion: Bank C Pt. 1

Cooper Carter

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Some of you may remember my "Every Axe-Fx II Preset" videos from last year.

I posted all the presets from Banks A and B, but not Bank C, as I misplaced the SD card with the C footage on it when I moved

I never got around to sitting down and redoing Bank C. Recently, though, a spate of requests to finish led me to just bite the bullet and redo Bank C.

So here's Pt. 1 of Bank C, using FW 7! (Over a year later... :roll)

PS: For a look at the game-changing dynamic response in FW 7, check out the extended Plexi section at 6:25.

Last edited:
Awesome job man! I really enjoyed watching this. Sounds a lot better then the first banks
Looking forward to part II

ccroyalssenders,

What did you use for powered-monitors? Did you have floor-wedges, or was your feedback just from your studio-monitors? Just curious??? BTW, nice job on YJM "Opus-Suite 5" that brought a smile to face as I was typing - LOL! What do you use live?

Bill

ccroyalssenders,

What did you use for powered-monitors? Did you have floor-wedges, or was your feedback just from your studio-monitors? Just curious??? BTW, nice job on YJM "Opus-Suite 5" that brought a smile to face as I was typing - LOL! What do you use live?

Bill

Bill, I have a pair of powered Mackie wedges in front of my MFC board shooting up. They are usually cranked way up.

Live, I always run straight into the PA and use whatever monitors they have at the gig. I always bring on of my Mackies just in case the venue monitors absolutely suck, but I've been lucky so far and have never had to use it. Most places have pretty decent wedges.

Stellar as usual!

Please tell me you had what to play per preset written down off screen and you were not just making it up as you go. :roll

Stellar as usual!

Please tell me you had what to play per preset written down off screen and you were not just making it up as you go. :roll

Sorry to disappoint ;) but no, I don't have anything written down. I just noodle on the preset for a couple of minutes until its characteristics trigger some song or riff. It helps that many of them are named suggestively, though...

Thanks for sharing Carter.

There are a lot of really cool presets in Bank C that I had forget about :).

Spent ages last night messing around with them, your video gave me the motivation to revisit them.

Looking forward to Part 2.

Cheers

Sorry to disappoint ;) but no, I don't have anything written down. I just noodle on the preset for a couple of minutes until its characteristics trigger some song or riff. It helps that many of them are named suggestively, though...

Ok then, so great chops and MEMORY!

I quit...again! :)

If I were Fractal .... I would ask your permission to get the audio part of your recording, add a page to the website listing all factory presets, and add a webbased player to each entry which would play your recording of that preset. Hell of a way to showcase the Axe-Fx!

If I were Fractal .... I would ask your permission to get the audio part of your recording, add a page to the website listing all factory presets, and add a webbased player to each entry which would play your recording of that preset. Hell of a way to showcase the Axe-Fx!

If they want it, they've got it :)

I do think it's a legal issue for the presets where I play actual songs, though. That being said, there is a huge number of the presets that I play improv'd riffs for, so they could at least do those.

Back
Top Bottom