EverTune Guitar Bridge - Anyone Seen This Before?

I've read several posts on other websites from guys who have these and they REALLY like them. They all agreed however that they should be installed by authorized shops (mo money) because there's evidently more to it (installation) then meets the eye. I have yet however to hear a single complaint or downside once they got their axes back.

Do you really have to hack holes in your axe? Theyre no getting thier hands on my fenders or gibsons. Love the idea though

Your best bet is buying a demo from them or one of the guitars they sell with it pre-installed. Having it installed in your guitar is a huge undertaking.

I bought an ESP from them a few weeks ago with the bridge installed and it is amazing. It absolutely works as advertised.

This looks interesting! I wonder what the overall quality and playability of the VGS guitars they sell is...

and I love this quote on the FAQ:

"Will I finally be able to pound on my guitar and rip it to shreds ’til I get to a new dynamic range of loud, and then rip into a roaring solo with seven stop bends, and then bring it on home with a grand finale where I do Pete Townshend style windmill chord strums but 5 times as fast and then hit the final A chord and have it sound in tune?"

"Yes.
"

I tried this system a couple of years ago. It works 100% but isn't IMHO a good option for lead guitar players. There's a Swedish guy called Tommy Denander who has fitted his signature model with this and the True Temperament System. He swears by this combo. However, IMHO and with the things I tried on the guitar, the player will loose his vibrato and also loose the sense of the contact he has with the "note" he is playing. You can't control the pitch - even when doing the work around tricks like tuning all the way and backing down a bit. I would say that for this sole reason you also have to have the True Temperament when you fit your guitar with the ET. The ET system does not allow the player to adjust the pitch of the individual notes he or she play - as one often does without thinking. It's best suited for certain types of guitar playing... You will for instance not see guys like Jeff Beck, Landau or EJ using this.

IMHO the ET system works best for 2 categories of musicians:

1. The new breed of rockers. Basically the type of musicians who jump around and spin their guitars on stage - acting like it's a play ground. You can abuse the guitars fitted with ET any way you want and you'll be in tune.

2. Students of music. Guitar classes and school concerts where the musicians share the equipment and instruments. "No tuning, just playing" type of deal. In the hand of students chords will also tune better precisely because it will adjust the string tension for the player.

It's basically like having active steering on a car. It will assist you in a major way if you're an inexperienced driver. But for The Stig's of the world, something like that is just in the way. The system is also pretty heavy. I tried this on a Les Paul and this particular instrument weighed about 11+ pounds.

Last edited:
The guitars they offer are pretty cheap - based on the price of the bridge alone. I'd love to try one to see if I agree with the Chef. Wonder if anyone demos them in New York City.

While we're on the subject: what stringing voodoo and other tricks do folks do to keep their guitars in tune? Mine don't tend to stay in tune, even after decades of playing. I'd blame my heavy vibrato, but since whammy-bombers stay in tune (some of 'em anyway), I presume it's my setup technique, not playing style. I tend to use Schaller locking machines which *should* keep me in tune. But they don't. So, if I *did* like the feel of vibrato etc. with this bridge, I'd probably go nuts for it and want it on all my guitars (it'd ruin the sound of my dannys, though - way to heavy and dense a bridge for them). I dunno why I have such issues. Of course, I do tend to grab the neck and bend it a la Belew - but even if I don't, I don't have really wonderful tuning stability on any of my axes. I've tried graphite nuts, lube, the aforementioned locking tuners... Any genius tips out there?

The guitars they offer are pretty cheap - based on the price of the bridge alone. I'd love to try one to see if I agree with the Chef. Wonder if anyone demos them in New York City.

While we're on the subject: what stringing voodoo and other tricks do folks do to keep their guitars in tune? Mine don't tend to stay in tune, even after decades of playing. I'd blame my heavy vibrato, but since whammy-bombers stay in tune (some of 'em anyway), I presume it's my setup technique, not playing style. I tend to use Schaller locking machines which *should* keep me in tune. But they don't. So, if I *did* like the feel of vibrato etc. with these things, I'd probably go nuts for 'em. I dunno why I have such issues. Of course, I do tend to grab the neck and bend it a la Belew - but even if I don't, I don't have really wonderful tuning stability on any of my axes. I've tried graphite nuts, lube, the aforementioned locking tuners... Any genius tips out there?

My guitars stay in tune pretty well (I hadn't picked one of them up between weekend gigs once and was perfectly in tune). IMO, it's a combination of locking tuners (I use Sperzel), nut lubricant (I use graphite or a graphite nut), and stretching your strings properly when you restring. I stretch the hell out of my strings by grabbing them with both hands (thumbs together, pinkys on outsides) and kinda pull/twist/stretch like I'm breaking a pencil or a crab leg. Note: I only use hardtails, no floating bridges for me.

While we're on the subject: what stringing voodoo and other tricks do folks do to keep their guitars in tune? Mine don't tend to stay in tune, even after decades of playing. I'd blame my heavy vibrato, but since whammy-bombers stay in tune (some of 'em anyway), I presume it's my setup technique, not playing style. I tend to use Schaller locking machines which *should* keep me in tune. But they don't. So, if I *did* like the feel of vibrato etc. with this bridge, I'd probably go nuts for it and want it on all my guitars (it'd ruin the sound of my dannys, though - way to heavy and dense a bridge for them). I dunno why I have such issues. Of course, I do tend to grab the neck and bend it a la Belew - but even if I don't, I don't have really wonderful tuning stability on any of my axes. I've tried graphite nuts, lube, the aforementioned locking tuners... Any genius tips out there?

I have a long history as a vibrato arm abuser, but every one of my PRSs (all floating bridges) stay in tune amazingly well. Yes, even the Korean one.

I tried this system a couple of years ago. It works 100% but isn't IMHO a good option for lead guitar players. There's a Swedish guy called Tommy Denander who has fitted his signature model with this and the True Temperament System. He swears by this combo. However, IMHO and with the things I tried on the guitar, the player will loose his vibrato and also loose the sense of the contact he has with the "note" he is playing. You can't control the pitch - even when doing the work around tricks like tuning all the way and backing down a bit. I would say that for this sole reason you also have to have the True Temperament when you fit your guitar with the ET. The ET system does not allow the player to adjust the pitch of the individual notes he or she play - as one often does without thinking. It's best suited for certain types of guitar playing... You will for instance not see guys like Jeff Beck, Landau or EJ using this.

IMHO the ET system works best for 2 categories of musicians:

1. The new breed of rockers. Basically the type of musicians who jump around and spin their guitars on stage - acting like it's a play ground. You can abuse the guitars fitted with ET any way you want and you'll be in tune.

2. Students of music. Guitar classes and school concerts where the musicians share the equipment and instruments. "No tuning, just playing" type of deal. In the hand of students chords will also tune better precisely because it will adjust the string tension for the player.

It's basically like having active steering on a car. It will assist you in a major way if you're an inexperienced driver. But for The Stig's of the world, something like that is just in the way. The system is also pretty heavy. I tried this on a Les Paul and this particular instrument weighed about 11+ pounds.

That's interesting. I've read a lot of stuff where people claimed it didn't affect vibrato/bending at all when setup correctly. If that's not the case, it would definitely be a major ditractor.

FWIW, I use the the lock wrap technique below on guitars that don't have locking tuners. I can get down to about 1/2 wrap on the tuning post this way. IMO, it helps to minimize the turns on the tuning peg.

How To Change A Guitar String (Electric Guitars) » Learn To Play

What string gauge do you use? If it's not slippage at the tuners, they're probably binding in the nut. Lube won't help much if the strings are too wide for the slots.

Sorry, that's not the Evertune system. Evertune is a physical bridge replacement; Auto-tune is a computer chip in the guitar.

FWIW, I use the the lock wrap technique below on guitars that don't have locking tuners. I can get down to about 1/2 wrap on the tuning post this way. IMO, it helps to minimize the turns on the tuning peg.

How To Change A Guitar String (Electric Guitars) » Learn To Play

What string gauge do you use? If it's not slippage at the tuners, they're probably binding in the nut. Lube won't help much if the strings are too wide for the slots.
I wrap the 'reverse-hook' way mentioned in the article - not all of my guitars have locking tuners. I do notice one thing, my set-neck SG is WAY more stable than any of my other guitars, and ALL of my other guitars (except my 1903 Martin) have bolt-ons. Maybe my neck-torquing and bolt-ons don't mix. I have used graphite nuts, but no big improvement. I use 10 gauge strings (DRs). My Strat has a bone nut cut for this gauge.

Back
Top Bottom