Even with all this V10 hoopla...

Thank god for the axe fx 2 or I never would have gotten to try a trainwreck. I hope cliff gets a bunch more of these to model. That and the corncob are my 2 closet fave's... I'm a metal guy. :)

Thank god for the axe fx 2 or I never would have gotten to try a trainwreck. I hope cliff gets a bunch more of these to model. That and the corncob are my 2 closet fave's... I'm a metal guy. :)

Weird eh? I'm that prog-metal, djenty kinda cat too, and I find the tone I get from the Wrecker patch with some slight EQ adjustments just kills... I'm not using it in my recorded stuff; I stick to Ubers/VH4/Recto/Fryette for that. But for noodling and just blowin' off a couple hours worth of playing? Wrecker's da biz. I know everyone digs the Badger, so it goes, Wrecker for me :D

My issue with FW 10 is that within a few minutes I zone out playing and I never get any tweaking done.

This really deserves to be mentioned more often. For those of us that love tweaking, this is a serious setback. I'm thinking about going back to an Ultra maybe around V5 as a result.
Um, we're supposed to be players... Not geeks ;)

This really DOES deserve mention because at least IMHO, the biggest Achilles heel with prior iterations what the constant button pushing/dial twisting/ear-fatiguing tweaking that took away from my play time, and added to my grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-time.

Back
Top Bottom