EV 1 Trouble - Using the Wah also controls the volume level? SOLVED!

LerxstFan

Inspired
I just got an EV-1 and watched a few videos and thought I was good to go with pedal calibration, but no matter what I do when I'm using a way block, when the pedal is either in toe up or toe down position, the volume shuts off completely, not just the way function. Even when using the wah, when I rock it back and forth the overall volume of the Axe-FX increases or decreases with the range of the pedal? I'm running the EV-1 from pedal 1 on my FC-12 using a TRS cable plugged in the Expression jack on the EV-1. If anyone has had this problem and can help me figure it out, I would be thankful for the help!

In every preset? If so, you've most likely got the pedal set to control global volume.

If not, check your presets for a volume block and see what's assigned.

I just got an EV-1 and watched a few videos and thought I was good to go with pedal calibration, but no matter what I do when I'm using a way block, when the pedal is either in toe up or toe down position, the volume shuts off completely, not just the way function. Even when using the wah, when I rock it back and forth the overall volume of the Axe-FX increases or decreases with the range of the pedal? I'm running the EV-1 from pedal 1 on my FC-12 using a TRS cable plugged in the Expression jack on the EV-1. If anyone has had this problem and can help me figure it out, I would be thankful for the help!
Front panel
Setup > MIDI
Page right until you find the page with Output 1 Level options and set it to None.

Thank you both for the help - I checked the Output Level options, and from the main panel scrolling through the pages they are all set to None. I don't see anything I the Global Settings page that shows me how to control global volume - options for EQ output, but nothing for volume. I'll go back and check out the manual and keep reading - thank you again -

Please show a screen shot of Axe-Edit with the Wah block selected. We need to see the grid and the wah details on the bottom.

Also do you only have the TRS cable plugged in or are you also running your analog guitar cable through the pedal?

I have my guitar cable in the AxIII and the TRS cable in pedal 1 on my FC 12 into the Expression input on the EV-1. I have set up other expression pedals before and the videos folks have posted have always worked for me, but this is a new issue I’ve never had.

I have my guitar cable in the AxIII and the TRS cable in pedal 1 on my FC 12 into the Expression input on the EV-1. I have set up other expression pedals before and the videos folks have posted have always worked for me, but this is a new issue I’ve never had.
Have you calibrated with the fc12 pedal one?

After looking through the MIDI/Remote section and Other page, I found that Output 1 was set to FC Pedal 1 - when it should have been set to None. User error again. I don't even remember doing that, but must have at some point when I was setting up the EV-1. I changed the setting to None and everything now works as it should - thank you all for the suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom