EV-1 pedal tension issue

Home Skillet

Inspired
I've had my EV-1 (used for volume expression) for about 4yrs now and started losing its tension in toe down position. I've adjusted the tensioner all the way and doesn't help at all. I opened it up to see if the potentiometer was loose inside but it is tight.

The problem really occurs when stage volume is present and the pedal physically drops heel down down about 5-10%. It's not a very noticeable drop in volume but it is present. I tend to have to keep my foot on the pedal when I need full volume.

I know I'm way past my warranty. Is there anything I can do to fix this or should I just get a new EV-1? This thing has been great otherwise.

Contact Fractal support. They may be able to offer some ideas.
Thanks, I just submitted a request.
You can change the range of the sweep in the Volume block modifier to ignore the 5-10% of the sweep.

It will reduce the range of the pedal, but might get you out of trouble.
Thanks for the tip. I just did this and will definitely buy me some time before I get this one sorted out. Much appreciated.

Fractal support is just simply amazing. I'll post this up here just in case anyone else has this issue with their EV-1. All I had to do was tighten up (2) 2mm hex set screws that sits on the axle. Working like brand new. I still ordered another EV-1 to finally replace the Boss FV-500H anyways. Thank you again Fractal. I just love this company, products, and support.

Fractal support is just simply amazing. I'll post this up here just in case anyone else has this issue with their EV-1. All I had to do was tighten up (2) 2mm hex set screws that sits on the axle. Working like brand new. I still ordered another EV-1 to finally replace the Boss FV-500H anyways. Thank you again Fractal. I just love this company, products, and support.
View attachment 56525
I Have the exactly same problem, do you have picture of the screws?
Many thanks!

Back
Top Bottom