EV-1 Issues

GuyJames

Inspired
I hope it's ok posting this here, I didn't see a section for Fractal Pedals...

Anyhow, my EV-1 connection randomly crackles when I roll the pedal wide open and sometimes the audio will briefly cut out all together. I've tried using Deoxit dp5 on all contact points but it's still messing up.

I live in hawaii so sending this pedal in for warranty service would be expensive on shipping :( but I wonder if it's a Pot that could easily be swapped locally however opening it up I don't see anything that looks like a simple pot.tempImageWiiDhK.jpg

It's a custom dual gang pot: one side for audio and one for expression. Odds of finding a direct replacement pot from someone other than Fractal with the correct gangs, tapers, size, and shaft dimensions will be slim. Contact Fractal support. They can maybe ship you a pot if you know how to solder.

Just jumping in here… I have an AX8 and I’m looking to add the expression pedal and I just started shopping online for them. Maybe I’m missing something… But all the ones that are used on Reverb are $175 and up. The EV-1 can be bought on fractals website brand new from them for $139.99.

Before I buy anything, can anyone shed some light on this for me? Thanks.

Just jumping in here… I have an AX8 and I’m looking to add the expression pedal and I just started shopping online for them. Maybe I’m missing something… But all the ones that are used on Reverb are $175 and up. The EV-1 can be bought on fractals website brand new from them for $139.99.

Before I buy anything, can anyone shed some light on this for me? Thanks.
I think they’re out of stock sometime so people try to upcharge them.

Back
Top Bottom