EV-1 as volume (with axe or regular pedalboard setup) volume taper issue

Alabama man

Inspired
I've been using the EV-1 in one of two ways:

1) plugged into my MFC via TRS

or

2) using the analog in and outputs to use as a volume pedal with my pedalboard

I'm finding that the initial introduction of the guitar signal when starting at heel down seems to be a bit sudden. The guitar signal doesn't fade in smoothly at all in either application. I've calibrated it with the axe, but outside of that I'm not sure what to do. The guitar signal doesn't jump in and it's loud - the level when close to heel down is normal. It's just the introduction of the signal seems to happen immediately.

Anyone else notice this?

Are you using the EV-1 to change the input volume using CC #10?
Or alternatively do you have a volume block in your signal chain?

One way of approaching your issue is to look into modifier curves and how you can use them to change the sweep/taper of your pedal. Details from the WIKI below:

Modifying a modifier curve
  • Scale: applies “gain” to the modifier curve allowing the user to create steeper or shallower curves. Use this to optimize your pedal to act like, i.e., a Whammy.
  • Offset: allows shifting the curve up or down.
  • Here are some useful settings:
    • Simulating a Whammy, reaching an octave at toe-down, with extra "play" at the top: Pitch CONTROL; SCALE 1.089; OFFSET 10.0.
    • Make the Auto-Engage "bump" disppear (true bypass at heel-down): Pitch MIX; Start 40; Mid 100; End 55; Slope 0; Scale 10; Offset 100.
    • Make a modifier go straight from MIN to MAX at toe-down: START 0; MID 0; MAX 60; SLOPE 0; SCALE 10; OFFSET -100.
    • Simulate a Log taper in a modifier menu: set "Mid" in the modifier menu to 20%. Adjust Slope to avoid the dead zone.

Back
Top Bottom