Euro Uber Flubby?

The Uber is my main amp... In v11b, there was a pronounced hump in the low end, v11 got rid of the low end bump and smoothed it out.. raw open, detailed, and balanced. v11.01 sounded half-way back in-between 11b and 11, with a more pronounced bump in the low end ( maybe one that cliff stated was referencing the wrong tone stack...? ). v11.03 has gone back to the balanced sound of v11... very nice... KILLS through my CLR's !

Cool!

I just got around to comparing my 10.12 Uber preset to 11.01 and ran aground. I get skeptical when I have to visit the advanced parameters too much or use radical EQ. I'm no tone cork sniffer so if I go into deep tweaking I first assume user error for sure! :)

I haven't gotten a chance to compare 11.03 yet in regards to the Uber.

Anybody given that a go yet?

Yeah I've been dialing in a preset. I don't really know for sure why I keep going back to the amp - it's like a weird fixation or something as it's really not my all-time favorite when it comes to heavy stuff. Yeah - it's still really bass heavy. With the cut switch engaged I'm running my bass at 1.8 - that's BKP painkillers in a 7 string. Mids anywhere from 1.9-3.5. But the amp is really boomy. A lot of folks don't like playing through them for exactly that reason.

I was playing around last night with the Uber and a MBC block at the end of the chain. IMO this is the perfect amp to use a MBC with to control the boomy palm mutes.

I set frequency 1 at 175 hz and frequency 2 at 5000. All three levels at 0. Ratio #1 at 2.0. Ratio 2 and 3 at 1.0 (so that the MBC isn't really affecting the mids and highs). Start with the threshold at 0 and then dial it down to taste while a looper block plays some heavy palm mutes. Set attack and release to taste. I found that I like the MBC set to "peak" vs. "RMS".

I was playing around last night with the Uber and a MBC block at the end of the chain. IMO this is the perfect amp to use a MBC with to control the boomy palm mutes.

I set frequency 1 at 175 hz and frequency 2 at 5000. All three levels at 0. Ratio #1 at 2.0. Ratio 2 and 3 at 1.0 (so that the MBC isn't really affecting the mids and highs). Start with the threshold at 0 and then dial it down to taste while a looper block plays some heavy palm mutes. Set attack and release to taste. I found that I like the MBC set to "peak" vs. "RMS".

Nice tip!

Back
Top Bottom