EurekaProm version 2.0 (with FA mode for Axe FXII users)

trancegodz

Fractal Fanatic
EurekaProm 2.0

Goods news for those of you with a Behringer FCB1010.
EurekaProm has a version 2.0 with an FA mode for Fractal Audio Axe FXII users.
The new version does scenes.

It is set up perfectly for the Axe FXII as shown on the website FA: Fractal Audio Systems - EurekaSound!

You can scroll through the 4 modes using the Up or Down buttons.
The Up button goes from EF to PR to FP to SP and back to EF.
The Down button goes from EF to SP to FP to PR and back to EF.

1) EF Mode allows you to turn on or off any effects in your Axe FXII.
The way it is set up stock will be good for most people.
You can also choose which ever effects you want for each button.

2) PR: Presets Mode (with Scenes Bank)

PR Mode is great. Easy to change presets and all 8 scenes are set up for the Axe FXII.

You can use PR mode (with the instant send button off) to select any preset in the Axe FXII directly.

Scenes in PR Mode: When in PR mode you can select presets easily or step on button 9 for access to all 8 scenes. The scenes work perfectly. If you want to switch back to PR mode just step on button 9. You can go back and forth between presets and scenes easily.

Button 10 turns on and off the tuner works when in scenes mode.

In PR mode button 10 is instant send. You can use this to scroll up or down through presets in order one at a time.

3) FP: Favorite Presets Mode

Favorite Presets mode. You can select your favorite 10 presets directly from one Bank.

4) SP: Specials - Looper Mode

Has buttons for Record, Play, Once, Overdub, Tempo, Undo, Reverse, Half, Bypass, and Metronome

You must have a looper block in the preset you’ve chosen in the Axe FXII for the buttons in this mode to work.

You must have the metronome volume turned up in the Axe FXII for the metronome button to work. Press the Tempo button on the front of the Axe FXII, scroll over to the Metro Level and turn it up to about 5db.

The Metro button and the Tap Tempo buttons work in conjunction with each other. The Metro button turns the metronome on and off, and the Tap Tempo controls the speed of the metronome.

For the Undo button to work you must select either Mono Undo or Stereo Undo in your Axe FXII. Pressing the Undo button will erase the most recent overdub you have made. It does not erase the original recording, just the last overdub you have made.

The Undo button will not work if you have selected Mono or Stereo in your Axe FXII. You must select either Mono Undo or Stereo Undo in your Axe FXII Looper block.

5) Effects and Presets Mode

The bottom five buttons turn on and off effects, and the top five buttons select the presets you selected for buttons 6-10 when you set up you favorite presets in FP mode.

Things that could be better:

After powering up, when you first select EF mode all the lights are flashing on every button until you step on each one of them once. Same for the bottom 5 buttons when you first select the EP mode.

Answer from EurekaProm:
Yes, the flashing is by design. It's the "unknown" state.

Bottom Line:

The original EurekaProm chip couldn’t do scenes, but this new version does.

When I bought my Axe FXII scenes had not been added yet, and their was a long waiting list for the MFC-101. So I bought an FCB1010, which came with two midi pedals, and the original EurekaProm chip. It was very easy to program the PP mode and use it with the Axe FXII and I was happy with it.

Fractal eventually added scenes to the Axe FXII and my name eventually came up on the waiting list for an MFC-101 and I bought one.

I now own a Fractal Audio MFC-101 and it is great, but for those on a budget who can not afford one right now, the EurekaProm and an FCB-1010 is a great inexpensive option, and will allow you to change to any preset in your Axe FXII, change scenes, access all the looper functions, and turn on and off any effect in the Axe FXII. Plus an FCB-1010 comes with two attached midi pedals.

I like my current eureka prom but to get scenes and looper function, will probably get the new one.

Are the looper function assignable to different locations? I need the record as far right as possible to right side, by the petal. The videos did not imply this.

Awesome, just ordered, i came from the UNO prom, this is a awesome upgrade, before i get my MFC 101 :)

And Yes, it works with the Ultra, but of course the Scenes mode will not work then, the rest should work

Back
Top Bottom