Eruption with my New Peavey EVH Wolfgang USA archtop : )

garyleg

Well I usually don’t post here much and Iam sure everyone is getting sick of Eruption, but I was excited for my new Peavey Wolfgang USA Carvetop and my daughters boyfriend just came over with his new Go Pro with a head strap so I had to try it out.
I put my EVH Frankenstien pickup in the guitar and though not quite there I am 1 step closer to the EVH holy grail of tone that Ive been craving for so many years thanks to the almighty Axe FX. I’ve had the Axe Fx for just a little over a year and evertime I play it, it puts a smile on my face like a brand new piece of quality gear.
Recorded direct from axe to my laptop then added to the go pro file (that was kind of hard to line up as we didn't know what we were doing).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvcA6i0s3FY

Thanks,
Gary

Nice dude! Ive been collecting Peavey Wolfgangs and EBMM EVH"S for years now. The Peavey Wolfgang is my favorite guitar and imho one of the best modern rock guitars ever made! Sweet eruption dude. And just to tease here is a pic of my current best wolfgang, Its a 2003 Custom Shop in NOS condition

pretty good. I thought you did a great job copying the feel and vibe of the tune. Love how well the ending was done (the last sound). Well done. Those axes look great too... unfortunately, too pricey for me :(

Wow, That's a beautiful guitar lessthanone. Love that top its kind of a quilt/flame hybrid. Yes it was hard for me to pull the trigger on that guitar as I had never been able to actually play one in person. So I took a leap of faith and bought it and glad I did. I was worried because I normally go for wider necks but there's something about that neck that's really nice and very easy to play. Try putting a Frankenstein pickup in one of yours it really is the perfect combo. I spent a Saturday swapping pickups and comparing in that guitar. I tried the stock Peavey Wolfgang a newer EVH Wolfgang a Seymore Duncan 59, Seymore Duncan SH5, and the EVH Frankenstien and the Frankenstien won hands down. Its a perfect blend of output, articulation and harmonics. It also blended better with the neck pickup. I just wish it came in Zebra and with 4 conductors wiring.
I also put one of those Free-Way 6 position toggle switches in which allowed a lot more wiring options for splitting the bridge pickup and different combinations. The guitar is very versatile now. I also put one of those Free-Way 6 position toggle switches I had originally planned to set it up and make that my Eb tuned guitar for the Van Halen stuff, but it sounds too good so iam making it my main guitar to gig with now.
Heres a better pic of mine
wolf.jpg

Last edited:
Cool guitar !! I own a Peavey HP Special, love its asymmetric neck. That sounded GREAT, would you please share the preset ?

First, thank you very much for the tone.

On the other hand, I do not understand why the patches are not shared while these beautiful tones are achieved and shared via Youtube.

I'd really appreciate if you could kindly share your preset.

regards

http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=3441

Hey everyone, sorry but I have been away from my computer all weekend.
Here is the preset I used. First I want to state that I cant take credit for this preset. I got it from someone else on the forums who posted it, I cant remember who it was. I made a few changes for my taste and I think the person I got it from might have got it from someone else and made his own changes also. So its been around.
Unfortunately this preset is also for firmware 17.XX For some reason this was one of my presets that gets worse with firmware 18 and will need some work to be used with FW 18. When I upgraded to 18 most of my presets improved quite a bit but some of them got worse and needed some work and this was one of them. I haven’t had a lot of time to work on it and when I have got time I have been working on the presets I gig with first. I have been switching back and forth between 17 and 18 and backing up my work as I go till I can get everything dialed in and commit 100% to FW 18
Maybe some of you guys can tweek on it in 18 and get it up to par. In my opinion it still isn’t there yet even in 17 but it’s the best I’ve come up with so far.
Anyway here is how it works…
Scene 1 is the basic rhythm tone (you really got me)
Scene 2 adds more gain and effects for the beginning of Eruption
Scene 3 adds the phaser
Scene 4.. Press this after you hit the last E harmonic to start the delay feedback and let it build for a few seconds and turn your volume knob on your guitar off. Then let it run a little longer and then hit
Scene 5 to initiate the decending part.

Hope you enjoy and thanks for all the kind comments
Gary

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom