Error while installing Axe-Fx II drivers

I have the EXACT same problem on two different PCs with my AXE FX II XL+ that used to work fine with my previous laptop that I sold.
I suspect there is something wrong between the USB driver and the Axe Firmware.
Anyone from Fractal support has any clue ?
Thanks and Take care
I sent my unit up to fractals warehouse 3 weeks ago so hopefully if they figure out what the problem is I can post it on here for you guys.

Hey guys.
So I got an email from fractal saying they fixed my Axe Fx II and they had to replace the (U55) chip for USB Functionality. So I'll have my unit back in about a week and when I get it back I'll do a follow up post to see if all the issues are fixed on my pc.

Also, the repair cost me $90 for anyone who might have to take this route.

Everything is working with my unit now. It connects to my pc without any hassle!

Thanks to everyone who helped with their suggestions!

Glad you got yours working, but kinda bummed that this means I have a different issue that I can’t seem to figure out. My unit works on laptop, won’t read on a desktop that I just installed the drivers on.

I found this page from the Fractal Audio knowledge base to be most helpful: Axe-Fx II Driver Installation Steps (Windows)
The 2nd section worked for me. I did however have to try a few different things:
  • different USB port (for some reason, one of the 2.0 ports worked for me but another didn't)
  • different USB cable (one was about 16', the other about 5', but ultimately got both cables to work)
  • holding my mouth the right way :D

So, I'm not sure what exactly solved the problem, but the manual installation did the trick.
FYI, Axe-Fx II 1st Gen, Windows 10 Home, connected to Cubase 11 Pro.
Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom