Error Reading Block Libraries

ducmike

I just got around to updating my FC 12 to FW12.1. When I rebooted and then opened AxEdit, I got a pop up message that there was an error in reading the block library. When I go to the Block drop down in edit, select library and recall, all of my saved block are gray and can't be selected. Some of my blocks show up when I click the library window in some of blocks, but some blocks only have one saved block though I might actually have more.

I rebooted both the Axe and edit twice and did a refresh after new FW in edit too.

Not sure if its user error as usual or if I should go back to FC FW11. BTW, AxeFx 3.1 running FW16.05 and FW 1.09.02 in edit. I did do a backup first, so not too worried if I have to revert and reload the backup.

Thanks in advance on any direction to solve this.

Here is the library log report below

Log started: 25 Aug 2021 5:42:14pm

/Users/ducmike/Documents/Documents - Michael Williams’s iMac/Fractal Audio/Axe-Edit III/blocks/Drive/EP Booster_X-Flat_Y-Vintage.blk: The block's device Id did not match the connected device's Id.

Log started: 25 Aug 2021 5:42:33pm

/Users/ducmike/Documents/Documents - Michael Williams’s iMac/Fractal Audio/Axe-Edit III/blocks/Drive/EP Booster_X-Flat_Y-Vintage.blk: The block's device Id did not match the connected device's Id.

Log started: 25 Aug 2021 5:44:28pm

Ok, I just saved a block to the library to see what happens, and now everything is back and working fine.

Problem solved though I don't understand why.

Ok, not completely resolved. When I open edit after a shutdown I get the same error message. But, all the saved blocks show up in the library window in the block, but not the drop down until I click on the window of the block, then they show up in the drop down. Not that big of a deal since I can access the library, but wondering what caused it.

I did reinstall the current AxEdit, and went back to FC FW 11, but I haven't reinstalled the Axe FW and the BU yet, I will try that tomorrow.

If you delete the list in the library log, you will no longer get the error message. It's just letting you know that some of the blocks in your library are not compatible with the device.

If you delete the list in the library log, you will no longer get the error message. It's just letting you know that some of the blocks in your library are not compatible with the device.

Thank you!! I never would have thought that was causing it. I also had recently imported a block from someone else, that's probably the offender.

Back
Top Bottom