Ernie Ball VP Jr

I was using a pair of EB VPs with my MFC101 but the VPs are big and heavy. I replaced those with a pair of VPJrS and they work great - I'm leaving those in my MFC101 road case and adding a pair of EV-1s for the AX8 case - hopefully a little lighter the the VPJrS.

Hi DrMandelbrot,

I just got an Axe FX2 and I will be receiving my MFC 101- Mk2 in a week. I was considering getting a couple of EB VP Jrs, one for expression and one for Volume. Any concerns or external gear I would need to set it up? Thanks in advance!

Rockguy66

Hi DrMandelbrot,

I just got an Axe FX2 and I will be receiving my MFC 101- Mk2 in a week. I was considering getting a couple of EB VP Jrs, one for expression and one for Volume. Any concerns or external gear I would need to set it up? Thanks in advance!

Rockguy66
Unless you mod the eb vp jr you will need an 1/4 -1/4 to 1/4 trs insert cable to connect it. The jr's work good for volume but for me it is a little long thrown for wah and such.

How do you think the Boss FV 500H would do for wah? Would I have to do and mods or anything special with it? I already have the y cable I believe. I really appreciate your help, I know I will have a huge leaning curve here (coming from using a GT-100 for my effects and being in a constantly gigging Iron Maiden tribute, I have to minimally have a basic setup with Wah, Volume and delays/Chorus, etc set up SOON) I just need to get the basics up and running by this weekend. Any advice and/or help with these simple things is greatly appreciated!

Thanks again,

Barrett "Rockguy66"

The ev 500 is gonna be similar to the jr as far as travel, It has a trs out so will be able to use a trs cable or an insert cable for that one. it is also a good pedal. If you like the cry baby wahwa pedals you would like the mission pedals, there are a lot of fractal users that use mission for the wah and use Boss, ernie ball, or Fractal EV-1 for volume.

Several will work. The ep-1 is like the standard mission pedal, an sp-1 is a pedal that you can use as a volume and then press to the toe switch and you can have the axe fx switch it to wah or what ever you want it to control. As long as it is not a specialy wired pedal like for line 6 or rjm, it should work with the fractal.

Last edited:
Perfect, the SP-1 is basically how I have my setup now, so that will work. I can always add another in later, thanks a million! Purchasing now!

Hi DrMandelbrot,

Rockguy66

I really like the EB VP Jrs - probably the smoothest expression pedal I've tried - they are heavy. You'll just need a TRS to TS Y cable to connect to the MFC-101.

Back
Top Bottom