Ernie Ball Music Man Cutlass RS HSS Electric Guitar?

Ebmm usa models will be like any other US built guitars - good to great. Do you like their neck profile + nut width is what you need to determine.

What do you want in a guitar? Based on you recent posts, seems like that's the first thing you need to answer. I think this guitar and an SG are rather different! Oh, and a LP too....

Think of things like: Trem? Floating? Locking?
# of frets? Neck shape & width? (How will it feel?)
Where are the switches located? Do you want fast access to them?
How bout PU rings? (After getting a Majesty, I hate 'em.)
Locking tuners? Type & quality of the nut?
PU strength/output?
Bling factor? Weight?

Yes please! This looks stunning and has a rock solid neck. I like the sound of their pickups.
I've been hedging on something like this guitar for a while.

I have one. It's my number one player in my current band. Excellent build quality. The neck is outstanding.

36.jpg

What do you want in a guitar? Based on you recent posts, seems like that's the first thing you need to answer. I think this guitar and an SG are rather different! Oh, and a LP too....

Think of things like: Trem? Floating? Locking?
# of frets? Neck shape & width? (How will it feel?)
Where are the switches located? Do you want fast access to them?
How bout PU rings? (After getting a Majesty, I hate 'em.)
Locking tuners? Type & quality of the nut?
PU strength/output?
Bling factor? Weight?

I do!

...like all the specs of the guitar that is...

:D

Last edited:
EBMM are great guitars. No doubt. For that price, though, I'd look into a similar set up from Suhr. Hand built and QC controlled by John. Win/win.

EBMM are great guitars. No doubt. For that price, though, I'd look into a similar set up from Suhr. Hand built and QC controlled by John. Win/win.
I picked up a pair of Suhr Standards with HSS a couple of months ago. They're great guitars and can be found for around $2100 new, shipped with tax.

Attachments

• l2gzpbuc3ksld5oza5by.jpg
    l2gzpbuc3ksld5oza5by.jpg
    615.2 KB · Views: 6
  • tbcvqft1mfph1u0vjfuh.jpg
    tbcvqft1mfph1u0vjfuh.jpg
    793.9 KB · Views: 5
Nice to see a Quarter sawn neck and no scarf joint. And the flame, my god the flame. Looks sweet.
You only get scarf joints on tilt back necks. Also it is better to have a scarf if you have a tilt back because it is far stronger .

Who? me? A scarf joint may be stronger, but it drives my O.C.D. crazy. :D If it's a painted neck and I can't see it, totally fine with it. :)
You never get a scarf joint on a straight head anyway so it won't be an issue. How do you cope with the bits suck on the sides of a Les Paul head?:fearscream:

Back
Top Bottom