Eric Johnsonish 2-amp A/B Preset (Edit new Download Link)

Re: Eric Johnsonish 2-amp Clip & AxeFX preset (Edit: NEW CLIP!)

Fantastic!! As usual John, great playing and the tone is spot on!

I still need to get an expression pedal, after listening to this clip, I'll be getting one real soon.

John, when you record, do you use the analog outs or the digital?

Thanks!

Re: Eric Johnsonish 2-amp A/B Preset (Edit: NEW CLIP!)

Thanks radical dudes ;)

Axisman5150 said:
...the tone is spot on!

I still need to get an expression pedal, after listening to this clip, I'll be getting one real soon.

John, when you record, do you use the analog outs or the digital?

Thanks!

It's close enough for my needs.

Yeah, get a pedal...actually, get two, they break! :x

Analog into Digi 192

Thank You!!

This patch has inspired my playing so much! I usually save the single coils for cleans an light dirt, but am now getting lead sounds with my Strat that I've never heard before. The whole A/B thing has got me trying a different approach to playing, an while I've got a long way to go to play as skillfully as EJ I'm definately feeling the vibe from just the tones you dialed in. I've been playing with it for hours and can't stop.

Wow! This sounds fantastic!

Thanks for the patch as well!

Thanks so much guys.

3 Chord Rock said:
Thank You!!

This patch has inspired my playing so much! I usually save the single coils for cleans an light dirt, but am now getting lead sounds with my Strat that I've never heard before. The whole A/B thing has got me trying a different approach to playing, an while I've got a long way to go to play as skillfully as EJ I'm definately feeling the vibe from just the tones you dialed in. I've been playing with it for hours and can't stop.

Wow, this really made my day. Thank you. My pleasure.

Holy shiite is that a great sounding patch!

Good, good work! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

PS: Nice playing too!

You know, I listened to this patch a couple more times and I can't wait until I get my Ultra to try it out. There are so many possibilities here. Very nice job.`

Porkchop Xpress said:
You know, I listened to this patch a couple more times and I can't wait until I get my Ultra to try it out. There are so many possibilities here. Very nice job.`

The Ultra is powerful enough that you can get away with building two good-sized signal paths, so I would suggest trying to find other A/B amp combos you enjoy too. Personalize it.

Great patch John, thanks for sharing. I learned allot getting this to work.
I'm using the Ultra and I'm getting some serious clipping/CPU overload problems even after I changed the cabs to low res and the end of the modifiers set to around 80%. Also I had to turn Input 1 down to around 10 to 12 o'clock.
I must be overlooking an obvious setting somewhere if everyone else with an Ultra is running this patch with no problems...

The master volume within the amp blocks. :oops:

By the way, anyone who just found this recently like myself. You can still get this patch off axchange. Just download the first link, it's in there. '903 EJski A B Dual Amp Rig'

Also, if you're new Axe owner, not getting how to do this and need a little more details....you need an expression pedal. Load up the patch(at this point you will only hear the clean tone), hit the edit button until you get to Amp 1 (this is the clean tone) then you page over to PG2 or the Mix page and Nav to the Level Control. Hit the Enter button, then select your Source: EXTRN 1, 2 or whatever you have your expression pedal set to. Then what I did was set Start: 100% and END: 0% don't touch anything else. This means when your pedal is heel down you will hear the clean tone at 100%. Next hit the Edit button once and that will take you to Amp 2(the distorted tone) and you will be already on the Level knob so just hit Enter. Select the same pedal as your source but set Start: 0% and End 100%. That will give you the distorted tone at 100% when you have the toe down. Also if you are maxing your CPU or the Clean tone is louder than the distorted, adjust your master volume in both amp blocks. It's the one to the left of the level knob.

Hey guys, I'd be curious to see if anyone has had issues with this preset in the very latest firmware. I haven't upgraded my Axe just yet.

thanks,

J

It's funny you just asked John, I was showing the Axe to a friend of mine last night and used your patch to show how you can switch between the two amps using an expression pedal, I'm using 7.12 and it works fine.

Axisman5150 said:
It's funny you just asked John, I was showing the Axe to a friend of mine last night and used your patch to show how you can switch between the two amps using an expression pedal, I'm using 7.12 and it works fine.

This is good to hear.

That's great to hear, thanks. I think a few patches that I have the rotary on will need some level adjustments.

Very dumb question-How do you switch between the 2? Also the patch doesn't sound right because of whatever it is I am "not" doing correctly. I would love to understand
Thanks Folks. John your stuff sounds great! Killer man.

Back
Top Bottom