Eric Johnson + Truefire

Cool. I got his Total Electric Guitar vid a bit ago, but unsurprisingly, haven't had the cycles to check it out.

TBH I'm more in it to hear him play and maybe hear some ideas than because I'm expecting to execute anything he'd think was worth teaching :)

Last edited:
It's gonna be way over my head, but dammit I can't resist.

https://truefire.com/eric-johnson

You’d be surprised!

I got my first guitar when I was 11, 6 months later my uncle handed me EJ’s Total Electric Guitar VHS and said “Learn everything you can” While I wasn’t playing ”Cliffs Of Dover” at the end of that summer vacation, so much of what he taught in that VHS has become a cornerstone of my playing. All my muting technique came from what I learned in that vid, it introduced me to healthy vibrato and bending techniques that stuck in my head from almost day one. I don’t even play music remotely close to EJ’s and those foundation things are still present in everything I play.

I really recommend that DVD to every guitar player, there’s information in that that’s helpful to everyone, regardless of genre. You can get it on his website still. I’ll most certainly grab this Truefire thing just because I’m an EJ nut and watch it as entertainment.

Does anyone know if this is going to be included in the all access subscription?
It should be. I was an all access subscriber for many years and these big releases were always open when they were released.

I think I saw they were gonna have a jam pack with it, and that will not be included but the main course should be. I'm actually thinking about renewing my all access TBH.

Back
Top Bottom