Eric Johnson live!

DigitalTube

Experienced
Went to see Eric Johnson last night at the ShowcaseLive, awesome show!! the usual 2 Fender amps, Marshall and (2) 4x12 cabs, (+ a few other smaller stuff..) very nice sound as he seems to always get, place was packed, it's nice to see someone his age still perform incredibly well, and also be able to pack a place that size.. if he comes to your area catch the show, it's worth it!! bass player and drummer were excellent as well, and played the music properly, even though you could tell they had tons of technique they never overplayed, and had their spots for solos..Eric started the show by himself just playing acoustic.. very nice!

I would love to see Eric Johnson live, he is one of my favorite players and seems very down to earth. Just wondering, what did you mean by saying he still plays well at his age? He will be great at 105!

Reactions: jon
I would love to see Eric Johnson live, he is one of my favorite players and seems very down to earth. Just wondering, what did you mean by saying he still plays well at his age? He will be great at 105!

You're probably right he'll probably play even better at 105 :)
In the past few years I've seen a few players who i used to like, and their performances were kind of poor, not like they used to be, but Johnson sounded just as good as he ever did, if not better at the concert yesterday, and i've seen him a few times over the years.

Sorry, quoted the wrong person, I meant to quote the OP-
The only way age plays into this is if as someone ages and "stops" performing live, stops recording-chances are theyjust don't play as much. If a 20 year old killer guitar player slowly phased out playing everyday he also would most like ly have the downgrade the OP refers to

Age has no direct part on "how well" someone plays. Yes, you guessed it, I am an old fart, but I play now (studio) as much As I played before (you know, before I was old and feeble) I actually play better because I have concentrated on playing, writing and recording-not on playing live.

Last edited:
Atlanta people, be sure to check out a Barry Richman show, if you haven't already. Great player!

Back
Top Bottom