Equator D8 Studio Monitors - New & Improved

AZG

Experienced
A couple of years ago there was a lot of praise for the Equator D5 and D8 Studio Monitors. Then they strangely disappeared for a long period of time while preparing updated versions. The updated D5's have been back on the market for a while, and the new & improved Equator D8 Studio Monitors https://www.equatoraudio.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=D8 are supposed to start shipping early next month. If you preorder them you can get them for $150 off ($599 delivered with code D8PROMO). Based on past reviews and price I preordered a pair.

However, I'm wondering how they now stack up with other current monitors in the same price range? I currently have a CLR which sounds amazing with my AX8, but it's a little too big and loud for home. My current home studio monitors are KRK G2 8's and they sound nasally, muddy and dull compared next to the CLR. I'm hoping to get new studio monitors that compare much more favorably. Any owners of the old Equator D8s compare them to the CLR, thoughts? Any other monitor suggestions in this price range that compare more favorably with the CLR? The Equators have a 60 day money back guarantee, but I'm wondering if I should compare them to something else during that time?

I can vouch for the D8s. I've had a pair of them for over 2 years and they're great. For the price, they're a no-brainer. They will destroy the KRKs, easily.

$599 is $150 less than I got them for. You're getting a great deal.

I have a pair of Friedman ASM-12s which I run Output 1 to and Output 2 to the Equators. Even though the ASMs have a more colored tone (colored in a nice way), the D8s sound great, too. Sometimes I like to run them both for awesome quadrophonic sound.

Back
Top Bottom