EQ Match to IR for AX-8

jrgg

I captured a file I am very happy with of my guitar with Logic's Match EQ plugin. Does anyone know how I can convert the Match EQ plugin's file extension .pst to a wav file to use in Cab-lab light to create an IR for the AX-8?

Thanks

Last edited:
What match EQ does logic have? I just used izotope's ozone and did the Eq match to match the tone from Slash on appetite for destruction and created an IR and it came out amazing!!

What match EQ does logic have? I just used izotope's ozone and did the Eq match to match the tone from Slash on appetite for destruction and created an IR and it came out amazing!!

Match EQ is a plugin in Logic. Just need to learn how to create an IR from that. Would I send a sine wave or white noise signal with the match and save as a wav and then use that with the AX-8 or alternatively, they also have Impulse response but I think it just works with the space designer convolution plugin?

What did you use besides Ozone to get the IR?

I used Voxengo Deconvolver, theres a tutorial on youtube, then i used cab lab lite to convert it from wav to IR

Reaper has a built-in convolution reverb program that also has the necessary features to create/capture IRs. It wouldnalso be able to create an IR from your match EQ. Logic might have asimilar feature.

I used Voxengo Deconvolver, theres a tutorial on youtube, then i used cab lab lite to convert it from wav to IR

Thanks for your help and reply. I have a mac so I cannot use Voxengo Deconvolver. Any ideas what I could use on a mac after the match is obtained?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom