Eq for different cabs / FRFR

jhsg

Hi everyone

I use my AxeFx through a 4x12 for gigs / rehearsing, two 2x12's in stereo at home and sometimes a set of studio monitors when recording. The problem I have is each requires different eq. At the moment I have different preset banks for each but im wondering if anyone has a different way of doing it?

Thanks.

Different Preset's is prob best way. If you can fix it all with the global eq then you can just the global eq for what every speaker solution you are using

Thanks. It would be good if there was global eq presets so I could flick between different ones for different speakers.

I go with different presets too ..... one set for FRFR cabs, one set for conventional cabs and one set for headphones. I generally practice at home using headphones so the presets for that task are compensated in a way that would sound terrible if played loud through speakers.

The Global EQ I reserve for room/stage tweaking ..... though to be honest I haven't actually used it yet!

The Global EQ presets request has been mentioned quite a few times over the years .... I'm guessing it's not possible.

Cool. Main concern I had was spending time making all these presets to find out there's a feature I didn't know about. ;)

Quick stupid question. I see FRFR on this forum all of the time and I don't have a clue what it means. ??

Quick stupid question. I see FRFR on this forum all of the time and I don't have a clue what it means. ??

Well...you could Google it. It stands for "Full Range Flat Response". Basically, speakers that faithfully reproduce the incoming signal as sound.

This is very different from normal guitar cabinets, which deliberately colour the sound.

The best solution would be to monitor live/home using the same exact setup. I've heard of some folks using the Atomic Coaxial in a stereo setup for studio monitor and then using those same FRFR speakers in a live environment. The only problem would be the rooms that you will be monitoring in... the stage and your home will have two completely different sounds with the exact same set of speakers. So... on second thought. The BEST way have a consistent 'monitoring' solution in a live/home setup would have to be to use headphones or an in-ear solution. The SAME headphones/in-ears would have to be used to get the same exact sound both at home and on stage.

Well...you could Google it. It stands for "Full Range Flat Response". Basically, speakers that faithfully reproduce the incoming signal as sound.

This is very different from normal guitar cabinets, which deliberately colour the sound.
Thanks, I did google it and it came up with "for real for real".

The best solution would be to monitor live/home using the same exact setup. I've heard of some folks using the Atomic Coaxial in a stereo setup for studio monitor and then using those same FRFR speakers in a live environment. The only problem would be the rooms that you will be monitoring in... the stage and your home will have two completely different sounds with the exact same set of speakers. So... on second thought. The BEST way have a consistent 'monitoring' solution in a live/home setup would have to be to use headphones or an in-ear solution. The SAME headphones/in-ears would have to be used to get the same exact sound both at home and on stage.

I had major issues getting the sound I wanted with FRFR. It sounded great at low volumes but at gig / Rehersal volumes the FRFR setups didn't come close to running the axe through a power amp.

Back
Top Bottom