EQ and Gates in the input and the loop?

cannibal

1st post-
Yes, I did a search, even called Fractal, but I'm not sure my question answered...

My current stompbox pedalboard is setup a certain way and I'd REALLY like to retain that in the FX8, which I don't own yet, because I don't know if it can do what I need.

Here's the setup, EQ and Noise gate in the input, AND EQ and Decimator in the loop.

Aside from all the effects, can the FX8 allow me to use the EQ and Noise gates twice like that, once in the loop and once in the input?

I have my reasons for doing it this way, so I just want to know if it can do it. I'm really trying to stay away from the Helix cause I am not a Line 6 fan at all, but I was told that the helix would do it....(plus I don't want the amp modeling...)

Thanks in advance!

there are 2 Gate blocks available, and there are 2 each Graphic and Parametric EQ blocks. you can set blocks as Pre or Post.

so yes, you should be able to put an EQ and Gate block as Pre, which will go to your amp's input, then set another EQ and Gate block as Post, which will go to the amp's loop.

from there you'll have 4 other blocks to use. but there is also a Noise Gate on the FX8's input - maybe you can just use that as the first Gate instead of using up a block/slot.

if you give us more detail as to what noise you're exactly trying to gate out at each point, we can give better suggestions.

how was your question not answered earlier?

thank you. When I called fractal, they actually said no. Only multiple drives can be used that way, which didn't sound right.

I use the gate in the input to just cut off the signal, the decimator in the loop gets rid of any hiss. The rig is as silent as turning it off when I stop playing, between songs for example....
The eq, is self explanatory, they just work differently in pre and post....(I can live without the pre, if I had to.

thank you. When I called fractal, they actually said no. Only multiple drives can be used that way, which didn't sound right.

I use the gate in the input to just cut off the signal, the decimator in the loop gets rid of any hiss. The rig is as silent as turning it off when I stop playing, between songs for example....
The eq, is self explanatory, they just work differently in pre and post....(I can live without the pre, if I had to.
you should be able to use the always-there input gate to do the first part, then add a gate block in a the Post position. use 2 eq blocks, 1 pre, 1 post.

Back
Top Bottom