'Epiphany' - Intervals (Guitar Cover - Axe-FX II)

I just uploaded a cover of 'Epiphany' by Intervals using firmware 12.04 beta. The tones I'm getting sound pretty fantastic to my ears. I used the PVH 6160 II model for the high gain tones and the Cameron CH 2 model for the middle section, with reverb and delay used during the lead sections. Only one preset was used and all of the scene changes were done via MIDI.

I hope that you enjoy it! :D

I don't have the preset any longer unfortunately. It has gotten lost with time as things do. However, it wasn't anything particularly special.
There were three scenes, the first being the basic rhythm sound for the main riff which used the PVH 6160 II model with the Mesa 4x12 SM7 Cap 2" IR from the Redwirez BigBox pack, as well as a very small amount of room reverb. I can't remember the amp settings all too well, but I usually boost the mids quite a bit and then the treble/presence until it cuts through. I can't remember specifically what I adjusted in the advanced parameters either, but I usually adjust the transformer match, power tube bias, definition and damping.
The second scene was for the lead parts which was the same as the first scene but with more reverb and a bit of mono analog delay with the EQ and diffusion parameters adjusted.
The third scene was for the second solo and arpeggio section which used a second Cameron CH 2 amp going through the same cab, delay and reverb that scene two used.

Last edited:
Nice stuff. So many talented players posting here, it's inspiring. I'd never heard of this band either. Now I'm checking all their stuff out. Thanks for the share.

Hey you've done a great job here really enjoyed watching your video, love that solo in the middle too. Did you transcribe all of this or...?
Love that cameron amp!

Nice stuff. So many talented players posting here, it's inspiring. I'd never heard of this band either. Now I'm checking all their stuff out. Thanks for the share.

Thank you! That means a lot. I certainly can't compare to any of the amazing players on this forum though.
They're a great band and Aaron Marshall is an incredibly inspiring musician. Check out their new album 'A Voice Within'.
It's strange that this video is getting attention now from a few different avenues after having posted it 3 months ago. I've started studying music at university since then so I haven't had as much time to post videos lately.

Hey you've done a great job here really enjoyed watching your video, love that solo in the middle too. Did you transcribe all of this or...?
Love that cameron amp!

It was all learnt from this tab here, with the exception of the last solo which I learnt mostly by ear because the tab just wasn't working for me: Epiphany Guitar Pro (ver 2) by Intervals @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com
I think that the Cameron Ch 2 amp is probably one of the most underrated amps in the Axe-FX II. It's incredibly versatile and is easily one of my favourites.

Back
Top Bottom