Epic 70’s songs and bands

These guys were gearing up to be the next "Kiss" but it never really happened - still, 1st few albums were pretty good to my ear at the time, and still!

ANGEL 75

I saw them in 1980 opening for Mahogany Rush, Humble Pie, and Mother's Finest. My floor seats were really close to Punky Meadows and Gregg Giuffria. I didn't think their show was that bad, but the white clothing, makeup and flowing hair completely overshadowed the music. I got the impression they were completely manufactured.

I saw them in 1980 opening for Mahogany Rush, Humble Pie, and Mother's Finest. My floor seats were really close to Punky Meadows and Gregg Giuffria. I didn't think their show was that bad, but the white clothing, makeup and flowing hair completely overshadowed the music. I got the impression they were completely manufactured.
Yes - never saw then live but from what I've read over the years that's exactly what Casablanca records (also home of Kiss) was trying to do with them - manufacture Kiss mk2 - too bad cuz the first album was quite strong.

I saw that tour in 1980. I think it was called “Rock and Roll Marathon Tour.” I was there to see Marino. Third row seats. Punky Meadows was wearing a wig, but the bouncing mic stand the lead vocalist had was fun! Guiffria had a huge setup too. I had Angel’s first album. Thought the logo was better than the music.

I saw that tour in 1980. I think it was called “Rock and Roll Marathon Tour.” I was there to see Marino. Third row seats. Punky Meadows was wearing a wig, but the bouncing mic stand the lead vocalist had was fun! Guiffria had a huge setup too. I had Angel’s first album. Thought the logo was better than the music.
Yes, the Rock and Roll Marathon. The most epic part of the show I saw was Steve Marriott of Humble Pie kicking over his entire wall of amps during the first song. He proceeded to brutally curse out his road crew over the microphone as they scrambled to reassemble the heaped pile of gear. The rest of the band never stopped playing.

Back
Top Bottom