Epic 70’s songs and bands

Same type thing here, where he gives us a 2-fer:

That one always gives me a childhood memory of hearing it the radio while driving to PA with my grandmother and aunt (the one who turned me on to her 45's before I could even read; I had to ask her which side did I like!) to visit distant cousins.

My tastes from 70's music are probably my most diverse. Lots of the Beatles' solo stuff, Stones, Elton John, Jim Croce, Stevie Wonder, Sly & The Family Stone, on into Eagles, KC & The Sunshine Band, Gordon Lightfoot, Abba, on and on...
But Badfinger always hit me in a really special way. And that even before I learned of the tragedies that hit them. This song.... sigh

Edit: Fun fact I just learned..., this song didn't get released in the UK due to some type of distribution issues with Apple Records, but it did chart in 2013 after people saw it on the last episode of Breaking Bad. A good song is a good song.

Last edited:
Could never get enough of this as a kid! It was featured on the GM 1972 8-track mix tape they supplied with a new car (in our case a 1973 Pontiac Grand Prix my father bought new in November 1972), and my old man would ALWAYS hit the 'next track' button every time it came on!!! ARRGGHH

Back
Top Bottom