Englripper

RiF

Inspired
In my weekly "tweaking hour", I got a pretty good heavy sound using the ENERGYBALL (Engl Powerball) amp model. I never have been very excited about this model, although I am a big Engl fan. By accident, I must have touched the right parameters.
The clip is here: http://www.netmusicians.org/index.php?section=id&value=4480. It's played pretty sloppy, coz' I just made a quick riff for this clip.
The patch is attached to this post.

It's pretty gainy, but a) Engl-amps can be run at very high gain settings without getting muddy and b) I like tons of gain and c) turn the gain down if you don't like it.

What do you think?

Attachments

• 087 - RiF Englripper.zip
    435 bytes · Views: 122
Awesome!! Can't wait to try out your patch. I'm loving this Energyball too. The posts on Metal tones has gotten me excited about tweaking these amp models. Thanks for sharing!!!

Very nice RiF!!!! I really like the guitar tone you have here! Thick and crunchy sounding!!!

That sounded really good :)

I use energyball sim all the time in the Axe and like it very much as well,

Mik.

Thanx for your comments.
If you want to make the sound even tighter in the bass, up the B+ CAPACITANCE to about 7.
Turning up the MASTER makes it thicker.

too much gain! :)

I find the energyball model sounds too nasal with the master up high, so I try to keep it low.

Thanx again for all those positive comments.
After upgrading to 8.05 and tweaking the drive block a bit (drive 0.0, level to taste) this patch sounds even better to me.

sounds really huge and BROOTAL! i really like your higain patches man. in fact, i recorded a song using one of your patches. thanks for sharing!

Really like it. The energyball sim has been a great starting point for me since I got the ultra. I have messed around using the energyball for highend and a mesa red for the lowend and mixing them to taste has produced some serious thump also. Unfortuantely, I am using a VHT 2:90:2 and a Bogner cab so, submitting patches woudn't do anyone any good =(. Especialyl with cab and poweramp sims turned off.

-Nate

Back
Top Bottom