Enditol & Arbiter collabo - metal!

Arbiter

Here's one Enditol and I did for a fun over the last few weeks. I took a tune I had already written and it was mostly a learning experience for both of us - I had his evil genius on hand to come up with some atmospheric stuff , and he sat at the recording controls, got to practice some mixing, and showed me some cool tips and tricks in Cubase.

I didn't add any new riffs to the song so its still the same as it was a month and a half ago when I first posted it up but it has a bunch of additional layers and the feel has changed a bunch. It has a breakdown in it, but I figured that was acceptable since it alternates between 6/4 and 7/4 and has tapping in it

For this, we used Enditol's Axe FX Ultra for all the guitars and the ethereal cleans, superior 2 with the superior 1 kick, a programmed bass VST, and then some epic synths for the melodic part. I sold my Ultra because it was totally overkill for what I was using it for.... really wish I still had it at the moment... but am going to buy a Standard soon!

the new version - http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7196498
old version with my Ultra - http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7082365 (same song, just less finished - for comparison's sake only)

Welcome back to the AFX-family man! As soon as you buy the Standard, I mean. ;)

If you can afford it, use it with your amp in the 4 cable setup, and you'll get the best of all worlds, 'cause your amp sounds pretty damn good too. IMHO.

I own an Ultra and it definitely is completely overkill for what I do... but at the same time, at least I won't have to worry (as much) about upgrading and/or maxing out the CPU. I've only done that once and that was because I was running two amp sims, a few delays and reverbs... then I added a pitch shifter in and it was like "OK time to put the breaks on bud" :lol:

thinkpad20 said:
I own an Ultra and it definitely is completely overkill for what I do... but at the same time, at least I won't have to worry (as much) about upgrading and/or maxing out the CPU. I've only done that once and that was because I was running two amp sims, a few delays and reverbs... then I added a pitch shifter in and it was like "OK time to put the breaks on bud" :lol:

I don't play with very many effects and I likely won't be using the preamp modeling ;) should have plenty of power.. I hope. otherwise hey yeah sure I'll get another ultra :lol:

Sounds good, drums sound good too. I just can't get to programming drums like that.

I'm more in favour of going the 4CM way together with my engl SE too.

Back
Top Bottom