Emulating the Power Amp VHT 2150 on AX3 ?

Are you looking for just the power amp?
Which pre amp do you wish to use with it?

Both are combined in the amp block, it's not possible to just have power amp (by design, so it cannot be reverse engineered)

Are you looking for just the power amp?
Which pre amp do you wish to use with it?

Both are combined in the amp block, it's not possible to just have power amp (by design, so it cannot be reverse engineered)

I want to use with the CAE 3+ Pre amp with the power amp section modelled/emulated on the vht 2150 basically

I'm not sure Cliff has commented on which power amp model he used for this amp model.

I checked the wiki, @yek's amp guide and did a quick forum search and didn't see anything.

Without knowing that it would be challenging to even know where you would begin.

You could try using the Tube Pre amp model.

https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Amplifier_models_list#TUBE_PRE

From here you can try and get as close as possible to the VHT poweramp by tweaking the advanced parameters. You can select the proper tube type, transformer size, impedance, negative feedback, etc.

There haven't been any specific tube rack poweramps modeled in the Axe and it seems unlikely that there will be any in the future. However the good news is that the tools to let you get really close are already in the Axe now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom