Emi Deltalite II 2512 speakers going cheap right now

qingcong

Inspired
In case anyone was hoping to snatch some Eminence Deltalite 2512s, there are some pretty good deals if you search google shopping. Recently they've been going for 220, but there are some deals from Buy.com and other places I've never heard of in the 130-180 range. I yanked a few for myself today.

The deltalites are a sort of neo EVM12L clone, roughly same sensitivity and power handling except 15 pounds lighter. I think they sound great.

Deltalights a copy of the EVM12L's???? Maybe the size of 12 inch. I tested the Deltalights and they have a very annoying upper mid freq peak which is very difficult to dial out. OK they are lighter but for getting the weight los you will mis the flat response, the balls and character of the EVM12L's. And that is a lot. The huge weight and the size of the EVM's magnet has a reason! My EVM's arrived yesterday tuned my TT-cab with the help of Dirk from TT-cabs. Firts impression of the EVM's is positive, very positive. They are now breaking in.

Advice: save your pennies and buy the original it is really worth it!

Regards

That's fine, I'm no Eminence homer, just letting people get the message in case they wanted to try one or was waiting on some good deals for them. A lot of people have reported good results using the Deltalite for guitar amps.

I think the explanation of how the lighter weight makes the speaker less flat response with less "balls and character" isn't exactly spreading accurate information for others. The mid peak you describe might actually be because the speaker doesn't have the same notch at 1.5k as most guitar speakers. To me it's a unique sound, not annoying at all, it's also possible that some of the higher end harshness disappears overtime. I remember when I first got my computer speakers, the neo tweeters actually hurt my ears, but overtime they've softened up. I'm also going to mix some EVM12Ls along with the Deltalites in my 4x12, should be interesting.

Qingcong,

I tried them and my ears did not like them. And my ears are ALWAYS right because their are no brains in them :)
Happy driver mixing and let your ears speak. Not your brains.

Back
Top Bottom