Embedded hardware power amp

Honestly I don't really think would be that helpful...
I found that in years of usage i found that best sounds always come with cab simulation and active speakers, not with power amp and real cab.
Also would make the unit more expensive

Honestly I don't really think would be that helpful...
I found that in years of usage i found that best sounds always come with cab simulation and active speakers, not with power amp and real cab.
Also would make the unit more expensive
A built in solid state power amp could be used with passive FRFR speakers and would be functionally the same as powered FRFR.

The OP not mention a real cab.

I think I prefer having the option to use the power amp of my choosing. It would simply cabling of course.
+1. Given that it is a rack unit and there are many rack power amps, the only way a power amp would add much value is if it actually communicated with the Axe and behaved differently in some way based on the preset contents, etc. Not sure exactly what that would be since the Axe already has power amp emulation, though.

I think it would be really cool to have a powered Axe FX. It would probably be best to have the most neutral power amp possible now that the cab impedance modeling has been updated.

In the first beta 11 post Cliff said something about working on a tool to measure cab impedance/resonance (or something like that.) Imagine being able to connect your Axe directly to a cab of your choice, measure the impedance/resonance, and then have your actual live amp sound. Death to tube amps!

Back
Top Bottom