Embarrassing Question, Folks.

dank

Inspired
I posted a thread about purchasing new IRs. I then purchased Cab Pack 6.

I don't know how to load them. I am using Axe Edit for this purpose. FWIW, I already have 67 slots filled in the Axe-Manage Cabs section.

If anyone has time to give me the step by step instructions, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Dan

Perfect, Chris. Thank you so much!

Watching your video raises another question: I have always used a single amp and a single cab, as I run my Axe in mono to FOH. Can I run stereo cabs but sum them to mono before they hit the output?

Thank you.

Dan

Can I run stereo cabs but sum them to mono before they hit the output?

definitely.

i'll be doing an in-depth video regarding Stereo vs Mono sometime in the next month or so, but let me mention some ways to do this. this is not a comprehensive list, so someone else might come in here and say "chris is wrong, there are other ways to do this too" :)

first, it depends what you mean by "stereo" cabs. do you mean actual "stereo" where one is panned full left and the other full right? or do you just mean "two" cabs, for more tone choice?

if you mean a Stereo Cab block that has cabs panned full left and full right, the simple way is to choose Sum L+R for your Output in the I/O menu on the Axe Front Panel. this will make all jacks of the selected Output emit the sum of the Left and Right signals as a single Mono signal. this can cause phase cancellation, but that's the result of collapsing any true Stereo signal to Mono.

if you mean you are using a Stereo Cab block only to have 2 cabs affect the tone at the same time, simply pan both cabs to 0 or Center, creating a Mono Cab block.

curious - if you run Mono to FOH, are you running stereo elsewhere?

give me more details of your setup and i can suggest a few more useful things.

I use both xlr outputs: one goes to my stage monitor, an Atomic CLR; the other output goes to the mixing console for the PA. The outputs are summed such that only one output level knob controls the level of both outputs. Of course, I would prefer having separate output controls, but the back panel is not equipped for that with the XLR connections.

I guess when I was asking you about stereo cabs, I meant that I'd like to experiment with using two different cabs that are summed to mono.

Make sense?

I use both xlr outputs: one goes to my stage monitor, an Atomic CLR; the other output goes to the mixing console for the PA. The outputs are summed such that only one output level knob controls the level of both outputs. Of course, I would prefer having separate output controls, but the back panel is not equipped for that with the XLR connections.

Do you have to use XLR to the Atomic? Doesn't it have a 1/4 input? I usually run Out1 XLR to FOH and use Out2 to my monitor on stage. Being able to turn up monitor volume without affecting FOH signal is very helpful!

Good point, Gizmo. I would have to modify my Vfram front panel and swap out the female XLR for a TRS.

Good point, Gizmo. I would have to modify my Vfram front panel and swap out the female XLR for a TRS.

i just use a 1/4" to XLR adaptor cable for Output 2 to my stage monitors. it happens to be TRS 1/4" and works fine.

so yes, you aren't trying to make a Stereo image. you are just using 2 cabs at once. keep the Pan controls in the Stereo Cab block at 0/Center.

then you can use the Output 2 Echo function in the I/O-Audio menu set to Output 1. send Out 1 to FOH and control it with Output 1 volume knob on the front panel, and send Out 2 to your Atomic and control it with Output 2 volume knob on the front panel.

you can also keep the Output Mode for each output set to Stereo if you want. just use the Left or Right output, since you really aren't making a stereo image. but also test Sum L+R and use which ever sounds better.

I posted a thread about purchasing new IRs. I then purchased Cab Pack 6.

I don't know how to load them. I am using Axe Edit for this purpose. FWIW, I already have 67 slots filled in the Axe-Manage Cabs section.

If anyone has time to give me the step by step instructions, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Dan

this is so not an embarrassing question..
how about this one..

guys, I have three nuts, should I go see a Dr?

Back
Top Bottom