Elis 8 Directivity

Shepdoggiest

Inspired
I've searched for a Elis 8 manual to find out about their directivity. The sites specs don't list it. Even w/o a number, of you folks that have experienced them, how is the width dispertion of these compared to a CLR or to what I currently use, a RCF NX12 SMA? I love the sound and power, but directivity isn't a strong suit. Thanks

Coaxial speakers tend to have wider dispersion and are in phase.

I use both the ELIS.8s or PXM-12MP, both of which are coaxial and love how they spread the sound so there’s no hot spots.

Regular horn drivers focus the sound directly in front of them, which is fine if you’re throwing the sound a distance in front of the cab but it drops off when you step to the side.

They’re different technologies and that should be weighed in when selecting them. I stand near my cabs and will wander around side to side working with the drummer, bass or horns and they like hearing what I’m doing.

Last edited:
Thanks for this, Greg. The NX12 SMA is also coaxial, but it's width dispersion seems narrow to me. I am planning for stages that will allow me to be 5-10' from the cabs. I'm looking at 2 Elis 8's for a full time 2 amp rig on my side with the NX12 in between pushing a Strymon Lex. The angle of them seems about right to hit me at 10'. From what I've read from others, it seems 2 should be ample power for bigger stages and outdoors. Would you concur?

So, if I'm stage L and place them V'ish' behind me closer to the corner, might I expect enough spread to cover from my mic to center stage when I get out there for longer solo sections? The beauty of it is that's this is a power trio. Not a lot of instruments encroaching on guitar bandwidth! Thanks, I appreciate you chiming in.

I pulled the trigger for a used pair of Elis 8s just now. Looking forward to these being sonic bliss for my tone. Thanks for the help sorting through it,
Greg.

Back
Top Bottom