Eleven Rack expansion $100.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the guys are happy enough to pay it and it seems a great update so I wish them well!

Not everyone has the same business model as cliff :)

But the guys are happy enough to pay it and it seems a great update so I wish them well!

Not everyone has the same business model as cliff :)
There was no way I could justify spending $2,700 to get an Axe FX standard. Hard to fathom when you consider our Australian dollar is frequently higher than the US currency. Transport and import duties account for a small portion of that descrepancy.

And there is no way known to man that I could save that amount of money. Let around sitting around for months waiting for one to become available - if you think Europe is bad try Australia. So, I bought an 11R it wasn't all I hoped it could be and was a tad disappointed with the unit.

Sure hooking the 11R to the computer via USB was a doodle and recording with it thru Pro-Tools LE (supplied was a no-brainer), but, I felt some essential sounds were missing. Then along came the announcement of an update, I was all over it and saw that everything I that I felt was missing was being applied in the update.

Right now I am so happy with the update that I am ready to take the 11R Live and I was quite happy forking over $98.99 US - I even saved a little with the currency conversion :)

So, yes, this poor person so 'badly' treated by Avid is quite a little happy camper at the moment. I mean how dare they converse with us on the forum, take our ideas on board, and give us what we ask for - thats just incredulous.

I mean how dare they converse with us on the forum, take our ideas on board, and give us what we ask for - thats just incredulous.

Imagine..the cheek of some companies.. ;)

Good on you..enjoying and playing with what best suits your needs and budget is the only real thing that matters!! :)

The cross product banter get a little silly at times..TGP has alot to answer for!! :lol

Eleven Rack + 6 upgrades = Axe-Fx standard

Eleven Rack + 11 upgrades = Axe-Fx Ultra

It is a funny world

I might be missing something, but isn't the 11R upgrade a software upgrade, not a firmware one ,so the computer does the work not the 11R, unlike the MBB (Magic Black Box) that is Axe-Fx?

Thanks Fractal you guys treat us great!

Touche and Hoorah...

I'd rather spend the $100 saving on something more useful like a Rebecca Black Box Set

I had to look that one up! That girl is going to be rich and famous for no reason other than the fact that she 's a moron. It's a funny world.

Why are some Axe-FX users so insecure in their head space that they have to "rain down" on the Eleven Rack parade?

If anything, this new upgrade to the Eleven Rack is slowly increasing my interest in the unit, if only as a back-up / secondary rig. I'm an Ultra user at heart, and will remain so for a long time. But it doesn't force me to bad-talk the Eleven Rack.

When someone buys into the Eleven Rack, they also buy into their marketing model: upgrades cost money, but (a) they are optional, and (b) they get you something of value in exchange for that additional cash. What's wrong with that? Nothing. It's a successful marketing model with proven track record.

When someone buys into the Axe-fx (at much greater expenditure), they also buy into the Fractal marketing model, and get firmware upgrades for free (currently), with no written guarantee that they will continue to come or continue to be free. What's wrong with that? Nothing. It's a pleasant model, and users are very happy with it (while it lasts).

Two different products. Two different marketing models. Two different target customers (with some overlap... if I could justify the expense, I'd buy an Eleven Rack tomorrow).

Axe-fx users, you don't have to childishly tease Eleven Rack users. It's not necessary.

(disclaimer: this is a general commentary, not targeted at anyone in particular; if you respect Eleven Rack users, like I do, great; move along, nothing to see here).

Why are some Axe-FX users so insecure in their head space that they have to "rain down" on the Eleven Rack parade?

If anything, this new upgrade to the Eleven Rack is slowly increasing my interest in the unit, if only as a back-up / secondary rig. I'm an Ultra user at heart, and will remain so for a long time. But it doesn't force me to bad-talk the Eleven Rack.

When someone buys into the Eleven Rack, they also buy into their marketing model: upgrades cost money, but (a) they are optional, and (b) they get you something of value in exchange for that additional cash. What's wrong with that? Nothing. It's a successful marketing model with proven track record.

When someone buys into the Axe-fx (at much greater expenditure), they also buy into the Fractal marketing model, and get firmware upgrades for free (currently), with no written guarantee that they will continue to come or continue to be free. What's wrong with that? Nothing. It's a pleasant model, and users are very happy with it (while it lasts).

Two different products. Two different marketing models. Two different target customers (with some overlap... if I could justify the expense, I'd buy an Eleven Rack tomorrow).

Axe-fx users, you don't have to childishly tease Eleven Rack users. It's not necessary.

(disclaimer: this is a general commentary, not targeted at anyone in particular; if you respect Eleven Rack users, like I do, great; move along, nothing to see here).

Agree!!

But $100,= for an "upgrade" is way out of order. I mean 8 updates is the price of the unit.

Funny world

Agree!!

But $100,= for an "upgrade" is way out of order. I mean 8 updates is the price of the unit.

Funny world

The only people to decide whether it's way out of order are the guys who have the unit and decide for themselves whether it is way out of order of not..flip you could spend $100 on a night at the cinema, bar or whatever.

I see alot of Ax bashing from people who have no gripes with the unit but the attitude of some of it's users..not pointing to anyone at all, but to have a thread which will turn into criticising another companies product does nothing to help Fractal and only reinforces the negative attitude some have to the Ax.

Last edited:
Reactions: yek
There was once a gentleman who paid a great deal of money for a Rolls Royce automobile. It had every bell and whistle he could ask for and ran beautifully. Unfortunately, it broke down on him one day while he was travelling through Europe. He called the company, and they told him that the car would have to be shipped to the UK for repairs. The company arranged for his 1st class flight back to England and for the car to be shipped. Within a couple of days he got the car back and everything worked as well as new.

The strange thing; however, was that he never received a bill for the service. After a couple of weeks of not receiving any correspondence, he called the company. The Rolls Royce person on the other end replied that there was nothing on record about his car ever having problems so there was no bill!

I have both Axe and 11R, I got the 11r for 659 shipped (brand new) so adding another 100 on the top still 759.00. 675 dollars difference from the standard. The 11R was actually just a little more
than an audio interface I was going to get from my iMac so I got an audio interface/ Pro Tool LE and some cool new amps sims to play with that plays nicely with the Axe FX.
They both serve a purpose.

Ouch, L6 didn't charge for the M13/M9 update. I really thought 11R would follow suit with Fractal and L6. Guess not...

Glad I didn't buy one.

D

The only people to decide whether it's way out of order are the guys who have the unit and decide for themselves whether it is way out of order of not..flip you could spend $100 on a night at the cinema, bar or whatever.

I see alot of Ax bashing from people who have no gripes with the unit but the attitude of some of it's users..not pointing to anyone at all, but to have a thread which will turn into criticising another companies product does nothing to help Fractal and only reinforces the negative attitude some have to the Ax.

Yes. Believe it or not, this forum, to the casual browser, can appear to be quite a self aggrandizing circle jerk that is every bit as bad as a pro tube amp forum.

Yes. Believe it or not, this forum, to the casual browser, can appear to be quite a self aggrandizing circle jerk that is every bit as bad as a pro tube amp forum.

I can believe it..but its good to remember that it's usually guys just stoked with there own equipment rather than a dig at anyones else's.

i.e.. i once read a thread on the Line6 forum an Ax user said he wouldn't use line6 stuff now even for backup..he got slated..he wasn't having a go at line6 he was just really happy with his Ax..but to someone who has maybe saved up hard to afford a line6 unit and to here someone say "not even for backup" kinda sounds like a kick in the teeth.

Respect and choice of words seems to be essential in forum world!! :)

Eleven Rack + 6 upgrades = Axe-Fx standard

Eleven Rack + 11 upgrades = Axe-Fx Ultra

It is a funny world
Sorry your maths is completely wrong - perhaps you didn't see where I mentioned the price of a Axe FX standard where I live. So to correct that its:

Eleven Rack + 15 Updates = Axe FX standard ($2,700)
Eleven Rack + 20 Updates = Axe FX ultra ($3,200)

If that's funny then why am I not laughing :(

Don't get me wrong the Axe-FX is a fantastic piece of hardware my stateside teacher happens to have one. But I will never be able to afford it. However the 11R as it is now is doing a wonderful job the new FX, amps/cabs have made this unit complete. There is even talk of another upgrade where we will be able to use IR's, something you Axe FX users have had for years. Now I would gladly pay for that inclusion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom