Elbow grease!

Stringmanipulator

Power User
Just thought I'd share a tip

I finally did some fret touchup on my Ibanez and my Fender strat,
the picture of the Ibanez is really bad but on the fender pictures
you can see how nice and shiny the fret became after some elbow grease.

:)

Finally got around to buy a set of " Micro-Mesh Soft Touch Finishing Pads "
and spent two evenings touching it all up and I am so glad I did.!

The grits are 1500, 1800, 2400, 3200, 3600, 4000, 6000, 8000, and 12000
and I used them with some water and soap. Amazingly good IMHO

Well I just wanted to share this tip with y'all it's well worth it,
and it's so much better than all those " magic wipe cloth dohickey's "
I don't know how well it's really comes out on the picture but they are
shiny and scratchfree like jewelery.

Very nice for the feel when touching the side of the neck and
playing overall, and they are good looking.

click on the images to see the larger version of them, you need to zoom in several times to see the full image.

It doesn't show but the frets on the RG is as nice as the Fender

have a good one
//Kenneth

It's always best to have shiny frets but have you also tried 'fast fret' ? I noticed that Snail's-Pace Slim of the Hamsters used to spray a lot of WD40 on his fretboard.

Helps if you don't touch your face, hair, etc, then touch your guitar, and always swipe it down after a session.

It's always best to have shiny frets but have you also tried 'fast fret' ? I noticed that Snail's-Pace Slim of the Hamsters used to spray a lot of WD40 on his fretboard.

Never tried that, I imagine (which is probably wrong but) it would feel greasy ? doesn't it?

I'm bad about not cleaning my guitars after playing etc. although they never look too bad. I like to send them to a tech ever so often to get them restrung and adjusted and they always come back nice and clean. I should get in the habit of a little more TLC for them.

Never tried that, I imagine (which is probably wrong but) it would feel greasy ? doesn't it?

FAST FRET
Product description
String and neck lubricant, not a spray. Lets fingers slide freely, keeps strings clean and is good for wood.Glides on wipes off, specially formulated for stringed instruments.Fast fret cleans strings, lets you play faster, brightens sound, prolongs fingerboard life, long lasting, won't damage your frets.

Fast Fret is quite good and not as greasy as you might think, as for WD40, I can't recommend that for guitar use, though I use it my workshop all the time.

Back
Top Bottom