EL34 tubes for Rectifier

ron burgundy GIF

That's definitely true that Mesa doesn't deliver new rectifier amps with EL34 tubes... but wasn't Rock Chalk just trying to say he wanted to know what one sounded like with EL34s since they can in fact take them?

Not trying to defend one side or another... but IDK... Seems something was "lost in translation" here
My original point (in trying to help the guy) was that it's usually in your best interest to stick with the manufacturer's intent (6L6) and make changes elsewhere. He said the manufacturer offers both and I asked where he can order EL34 because it goes to my point. 6L6 is the manufacturer's intent. If EL34 were so popular they would actually sell a version with those tubes. Not gonna worry about him taking a burn. That's his own thing.

@Rock Chalk I could be out of line and/or missed a few posts on the thread but...
Don't the new rectifiers have a bias switch so you can simply swap the 6L6's to EL34's? I think they also have a fixed bias.
No, not out of line, and that could very well be...don't know. Not that big of a deal... was just curious as to what it would sound like, and was asking
for suggestions as to additional settings when changing tube type. @Randalljax suggested the Reso settings and I tried it.

Not sure what the other guy's problem was, but he tried to make the thread about whether or not a Recto could be purchased on line
with EL34s in it......who cares? He should get a life.......laugh.gif

I have a two channel Triple Recto and can run 6L6’s or EL-34’s in it. There is literally a switch on the back that gives you the choice.
You have a switch on yours? Hmm, don't think I ever touched that on my old Recto, but I do have a Mustang with a V8. There is literally a 4-cylinder engine sitting in my garage that gives me the choice of going against what Ford shipped it with. Kewl huh?

You have a switch on yours? Hmm, don't think I ever touched that on my old Recto, but I do have a Mustang with a V8. There is literally a 4-cylinder engine sitting in my garage that gives me the choice of going against what Ford shipped it with. Kewl huh?
Engines literally do this now 😂 i remember this being a big deal in the early 2000’s or so.

Anyone here actually play a Badlander? Never tried one in the real world. Seemed like a good idea.

Anyone here actually play a Badlander? Never tried one in the real world. Seemed like a good idea.
It's a good amp but it's voiced more like a rock amp with a more focused midrange. It's a different tone stack than the Recto, too. It is optimized for EL34. Most that tube roll (6L6) switch back to 34's it seems.

I recently sold mine. I really liked it with the 6L6 tubes and on the crunch channel. I'm actually using the money to get back into Fractal. Trying a QC right now and my friend's captures are awesome but the models aren't as good. It will likely get returned to sweet water next week.

Back
Top Bottom